1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Or Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 341, Feb 13, 2013.

1. 341

341 Guest

Hey,

I'm kind of sexually confused. I've always thought I was gay, till I came out. I'm sure that if I am bisexual, the attraction is not 50/50. I'm confused with whether I'm not bisexual, or I'm something like 99/1 - homosexual tendency.

I've never had a real sexual attraction towards the opposite sex, only same. Is it all about attraction though? - I've heard words like 'biromantic,' and 'heteroromantic'.

I guess I'm just asking how I can figure this out. I'll always use the 'gay' label, because of preference; I would rather just know. Not understanding others is annoying, let alone yourself.

- Jake

2. Ianthe

Those more complicated labels are mainly useful for self-exploration. They are not social roles or identities that emerged organically in the culture.

If you are a guy, and only really interested in dating guys, it is probably best to identify as gay.

3. 341

341 Guest

I'm aware; I'm not concerned for a label though.

4. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Bisexual means sexual attraction to BOTH genders, to whatever degree. If nothing about a girl turns you on, then it's safe to say you are gay. If you have a low sex drive and so does your hypothetical girlfriend, then that relationship may work on a strong emotional attraction. Usually that's not the case and sexual attraction becomes a major issue.

5. Luke Matt

I've kind-of "officially" come out (at least to a few friends) & I can tell you that I started having these thoughts as well (things like "What if I'm actually Bi..?, "I've come out as Gay, but what if I'm actually Bi...is it too late?").

I think these thoughts are common, actually. If you're only (sexually) attracted to guys, then you're gay. I often wonder what a relationship with a girl would be like (and I occasionally have times where I wish I could), but I know deep down inside that I'm still gay & always will be.

6. yidnah87

If you're only really sexually attracted to guys, then I would say that you're gay, but with maybe a 5 on the Kinsey scale if you have a slight attraction to women.