1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Friends, New Locations.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HaydenGray, Feb 13, 2013.

1. HaydenGray

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have within the last year moved to Nevada. Being originally from California it is a very different setting. I have a social anxiety disorder so making new friends or acquaintances is quiet difficult. Well difficult is an understatement. It is nearly impossible. So, I was wondering if anyone has a similar story and how they got over the dramatic change in setting, or even making new friends?

2. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

What a coincidence! I moved from CA to NV (Though not recently). Anyhow, I suck at making friends because I overthink everything before I have a chance to even begin forming any connections. What helps me is just finding something in which I am forced to interact with people and eventually I am comfortable enough to be myself around them. Try to find something that you enjoy that forces you to socialize. It sucks, but the only way to make friends is putting yourself out there. Just try not to freak out and you'll be fine :slight_smile:. (I know this is all easier said then done but it's just what helps me) Good luck buddy

3. HaydenGray

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my. A fellow outsider. Thanks for the advice! I will take that to heart. It's nice to know people can relate. Sometimes I can feel so alone in my little bubble, but I will definitely try to be friendly and not come off as a needy creeper. xx

4. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

It's ok. Everyone needs a needy creeper in their life :wink:

5. HaydenGray

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes they do. :thumbsup:

6. thereshewas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Afraid I don't have any advice (though I wish I did, so I could take it as well), but just know you're not alone in finding it difficult to make friends!