1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I leading him on?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musicgeek13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

So my friend (who is a guy) asked me out. I said no and made it clear that I wasn't interested but he has persisted in asking. He doesn't know I'm gay and I'm not sure I am ready to tell him. Anyway, we talk all the time. We are constantly texting and just talking about each others day, etc. My question is, should I kind of back off and not talk to him as much because he might take it as me being interested? Any opinions/advice would be appreciated. I'm really not sure how to proceed.

2. Sarah1

Sarah1 Guest

sounds like he's being pushy tell him no

3. I'm an 18 year old guy and if i were in this situation but vice versa, i'd make sure to bring up things you would only bring up with a friend. For example, I'd tell a girl she feels like my sister or reminds me of my sister. In your case, say he reminds you of your brother if you have one or says you feel like he's your brother and call him bro in texts. Talk to him about "girly" things, because girls only do that with people they consider their friends and he may get the point; girls don't talk about that stuff when they are trying to "get at" a guy. Anyways, hope that helps!