1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Gay Bashed Today :'(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BoiGeorge, Feb 14, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

It started off as a lovely day at school today. I was hanging with my friends. 1 heterosexual girl and a lesbian couple. We were having lunch out on the grass when all of a sudden this :***: girl shouted out "Hey you 4! You smell like fish!" A reference to vaginas. Apparently before me and Fran came and joined Claire and Ruth for lunch, this girl and her friends were calling them 'dykes' and 'lesbos'! I wanted to smash that bitches' face in!! Mess with me, fine! But mess with my friends and my rainbow flag and I will hurt you! I couldnt believe she was so open with her homophobia!! It was a really public place and no one intervened! Apparently she saw my other friend Darcy, who is super effeminate, in town the other day and called him a faggot. Then in class today, my philosophy teacher made 'poofter jokes' as he calls them. He tries to be funny but it really homophobic. And he has 4 gay people in his class! Moron... I am just so pissed off! I want to smash these peoples faces in!! :angry: Homophobia is disgusting!!!!!

2. hkraised

hkraised Guest

(*hug*)Some people are idiots......

Although with your philosophy teacher, you might want to call him out on it if it gets really offensive. Dont punch anyone though lol

3. JoshXD

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree is hkraised, do not fight back physically. Always be the better person.

With the teacher, best report it to the school. Because even if it doesn't hurt you, it may be hurting the others in your classes more. Tell the school, that you know he means it as a joke, but these types of jokes are not acceptable in this day and age.

Hope everything gets better!

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear what happened. Some people are just ignorant and don't care. But I have to agree, if this continues with the teacher I would report it to the school because that's a problem and could really be offending someone in the class. He's showing no professionalism so do what you need to but definitely don't go punching people.

5. FemCasanova

Yeah, it might seem like not such a big deal, but for those who get small things 24/7, it can turn out to become a lot. Either report him, or take it up with him first. He might not mean anything bad about it, but be unaware of how it sounds. You could simply say that those jokes are percieved as hurtful to the LGBT members of his class, you included, and would appreciate it if he could joke about other things.

I totally get you. Thank God those c**** didn`t do that near me. I don`t think I`d manage to be the better person, I`d probably tell them to f*** off. I get a little overly pissed over these things. I find them rude and irritating. I don`t care at all about what they feel about lesbians, but it`s like with me and women with too much parfume; I might not like it, but I sure to hell ain`t going to insult anyone by opening my mouth. You don`t like something, fine, but that doesn`t mean you have the right to be rude and obnoxious about it. The rudeness actually offends me more than the homophobia, because you can`t always decide what to freak out about inside, but you decide your behavior! And rude, obnoxious people get on my nerves. I hate rudeness!

:frowning2:

*hugs*

6. derrik

you should report the teacher to the school

You'll be doing him and others a favor

7. You could always start straight-bashing (it really throws them off their game-homophobes don't like playing defense).

8. Reptillian

Just how does one do this safely? I can't imagine someone doing this without getting beaten and/or bruised and so on... Grown up seeing covert homophobia.

9. yidnah87

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. There are unfortunately still people that will make these types of homophobic comments. As others have said, mention to the school about that teacher, as he should be setting a better example than that. It's probably best to not let those other students get to you, just like any other situation that involves bullying.

10. PiscesAlien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, There's really nothing you can do. I've tried it all. You just have to ignore them and forget about them. I know it sounds cheesy. Try to avoid them. Some people just have a lower level of consciousness and feel the need to express their bad behavior. They,re the ones with the problem.

11. Motov

I would probably make references to God and what fine examples of Christians they are,...... NOT!!!

12. Minx

As much as I love smashin bashin faces.

They're just not worth it in school.

Stay strong. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :slight_smile:

13. Outdoorsy

I know it sounds like a generic response but do your best not to let them get to you. Individuals who do that sort of thing are weak minded people who have something about themselves that they don't like and are scared to change so they take it out on others.

14. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That bitch is going to get her ass kicked.

15. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tell her she's still got some cream left on her face.

But really, you should just be the bigger person, ignore it, etc etc etc. It sucks that there really isn't anything else to do, but if you and your friends just literally laugh in her face, that should throw her off and show her you don't give any fucks about what she thinks.

16. SkyDiver

Just take comfort in the fact that that girl is probably going through enormous amounts of emotional turmoil.

Someone who is comfortable with him/herself will not go around saying those kinds of things to others.

Homophobes are just as messed up inside as they are outside.

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would have said, "Who us? Are you sure it's not your upper lip?"

Just kidding! :grin: (...or am I?)

Don't let them get you down. I'm actually friends with a few people who used to be bullies like that. They admitted to me that the only reason they acted that way was to get attention because they lacked certain attention at home. People like that are just truly insecure. Take this advice from someone who just graduated from high school a few years ago. :slight_smile:

18. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There used to be similar jerks at my school. Three years later, having heard all the adult gossip that was going around between parents, I have learned that these jerks were having problems back at their home and were taking the pressure out on innocent people like us.

Feel sorry for them, because they are pitiful compared to you. Anyone who heard them calling your friends lesbos etc and has the least possible amount of grey matter in his/her brain has thought that they are bitches too. So it's not worth wasting your time thinking of them and getting a high pressure.

As for the teacher, either report him or don't do anything. Personally, I wouldn't do anything if he is old. Old people can be stubborn and hard to change, so again it might not be worth trying. If you feel angry that your classmates may be offended by his jokes, why don't you talk to them instead and make sure everything is alright?

19. ChandlerCurious

Sorry to hear about that. Only thing I can say is Karma is a bitch!

20. Rivers

That girl should go die in a hole.