1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not hiding anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Outdoorsy, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Outdoorsy

My sexuality is something I've struggled with for a long time. I'm a male and my attraction to the opposite sex is undeniably strong but several months ago I finally fully admitted to myself that I have the same feelings towards men. It was hard, but I eventually came out to two close friends as being bisexual and both were wonderfully supportive. The relief that I felt was amazing and I've decided that I'm not hiding anymore. What I mean by that is that if somebody sees me kiss a guy, so be it. I'm not going to walk up to people and be like "hi my name is ... And I'm bisexual" but I'm sick of hiding who I am. I like guys, I wear thongs, I'm kinda feminine at times. Those things and others make me who I am and I'm tired of feeling awkward about it.

I know the obvious answer is that it's my choice but what do you guys think? Any thoughts or advice or experiences would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's awesome to hear! I too have come to this decision not too long before joining EC, and it really is the best way to accept yourself and be happy. Most people struggle their whole lives with this.