1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It got better

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lewnatic, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Lewnatic

I joined this forum just over two years ago, and at the time I remember thinking "I'm just a bisexual who is curious about who I fancy", and since then I've had many highs and lows. Most of them have been well documented on this forum if any of you care to read back through my threads, however a couple of weeks ago I got to a place where I am legitimately happy, and i just wanted to say: I have accepted myself. I have accepted that I am gay. I have made it through the rain and I feel damn well happy about it. The thought of pursuing a relationship with another guy feels exciting to me, I no longer feel guilty about it.

I don't know why I'm posting this here, maybe because I've documented the rest of my journey on this forum. But I also want it to be a beacon of hope to other people like myself out there: you can one day accept yourself like I did.

I feel like a weight has been lifted from my soul. The other day I just lay there for god knows how long, breathing as if I had been deprived of oxygen for hours. I felt light, I felt strong, I felt...happy.

Thank you E.C for being the light to me when all other lights had gone out.

2. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gave this a great rating, I think the many others who come here every day asking for guidance should see this. I remember how alone and depressing it was before I could accept myself, the self-loathing and insecurity, and worst of all, wondering if it would ever end; if you would spend your whole life like that. But it really does get better. Everyone can learn to accept themselves, as long as they don't repress it and try to shove it away forever.

Great post, I'm happy for you!

3. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Congratulations! Its great when people are finally able to accept themselves. I'm happy for you:grin: