1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumours and Anti-Discrimination

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lola Printemps, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Lola Printemps

So, in my PD/H/PE class they're teaching everybody about anti-discrimination and about how being prejudice isn't nice etc. And part of that is talking about how it is illegal to discriminate against someone because “they’re gay or you think they’re gay”. So my best in-class friend pointed out “isn’t the fact gays can’t get married a form of discrimination?” and everyone starts talking about gay marriage and that.
    So a lot of people were talking about this and some people weren’t being particularly nice about it all, and there’s one girl in my class who last year told me she thought ‘gay people were disgusting’.
    Anyway, my friend was standing up for gay marriage and I meant to say ‘you don’t need to go to their weddings, how does it affect you?’ but instead I said ‘our weddings’. What the fuck!
    So now a lot of people who already suspected that I ‘play for the other team’ (even though I hate playing team sports!) are pretty sure that I’m gay.
    Opinions? Advice? How do I stop what will be the third round of rumours?
    xxx

2. shovelman

Well sounds like there might be nothing you can do about it but then again people might not have heard you correctly or won't really think about it. Don't worry I'm sure things will be fine. :slight_smile:

3. Lola Printemps

I sure hope no one heard :icon_redf
    Anyway I'll have to come out somehow :icon_wink