1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting boyfriend's parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JWAD, Mar 11, 2008.

1. JWAD

JWAD Guest

My boyfriend wants me to meet his parents and so is trying to get us to 'coincidently' meet and I was just wondering what levels of intimacy were usually acceptable, he wants to make it obvious we're together without being overly intimate. So... yeah if any of u have experience or ideas on this it'd be great to hear em.

2. lodiug

Just hold hands.....

3. JWAD

JWAD Guest

thanxs, i was more wonderingabout kissing though.

4. Alexander

no kissing. period.

5. iPieman

If he's out and they're totally supportive then just be yourselves.
    Obviously you want to make a good first impression, so try not to tickle his tonsils!

Holding hands is fine. It shows you're close without being all over each other.

6. JWAD

JWAD Guest

kk thanx, much appreciated

7. KaraBulut

There's no one perfect answer to this question. The best answer is how would your straight friends go about this? Would a girlfriend invite you over to her parent's house and introduce you as her boyfriend? And would a girlfriend's parents be okay with you holding hands in their presence?

That's probably the best answer- do what your straight friends would do.

8. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I wouldn't kiss in front of them - for me, I wouldn't kiss a guy in front of my/his parents either - but I think you have to give people time to adjust to the idea. However, if you feel able to, then you can hold hands, or just occasionally touch his shoulder or something. But be aware that every moment of physical contact between you is likely to be picked up - therefore I'd advise you in the first instance to play down you affection, than play it up.