1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help dealing with something

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by user name, Feb 15, 2013.

1. user name

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    my step grandpa and my grandma (i basically live with them since my parents divirce) they are VERY whats the word homophobic basically anti gay we went out to eat today and he said faggot at least 3 times talking bout tv someone at the restraunt and what not. (im 100% in the closet so he doesnt think it affects me) so i just chuckle. it hurts alot knowing when and if i come out he would be the hardest person to tell and hes also the closes person i know. my question is how do you guys deal with this while in the closet? i cant be like thats nit right and what not because well im in the closet bout that stuff. well im going to go watch a movie get my mind off of stuff ill reply later when im on. cya guys all feedback and tips are welcome.
    (*hug*)

2. Akatosh

Sorry bud (*hug*) My family has said some hurtful things unknowingly, too. I find comfort in knowing that they're just ignorant. Not saying that in a mean way, I love my family, but they have fears just as we have fears. Sometimes, it's easier to criticize and cast hate to things we don't understand. The unknown breeds fear, and if left uneducated, it doesn't change. Try to understand why they act the way they act, and it will help you feel a little better. Their understanding will come with willingness and time.