1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright i will try to explain this as simply and quickly as i can. A little while ago i said that i came out to my cousin. The interesting thing is that after hanging out this weekend i discovered that we arn't really related. Their family is just really good friends with some from my family. Anyway while i was at her house and after i found out that we wern't related i start to get this weird vibe like she is into me. I told her that i was gay about a week ago, so i just brushed it off as she is just being nice. Her parents are also very nice to me and say they trust their daughter with me. Which kindof made the situation awkward when they started acting like they wanted us to get together and they took our picture several times saying how cute we looked together.

Now i can deal with her parents thinking we should get together, but last night she sent me a text message asking if i have a girlfriend. :confused: I have no idea why she would ask that since she knows i am gay. I have no idea what to do. I mean it wasn't too hard to tell her that i am gay, but telling her for a second time would just be awkward.

2. Fiorino

Say no, but you're looking for a boyfriend.

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

You are absolutely sure that you came out to her in an unambiguous way? The only thing I can think of is that she thinks it is a phase or something, or just does not get the seriousness of the situation, of how you feel and are. You definately cannot act as though you are straight or express interest in her, but I think you do actually have to make it clear again - maybe Fiorino's suggestion is a good one!! Alternatively, you could say something along the lines of "I've already told you how I feel about these things", or something non-specific like that. I have no idea why she would ask that, unless for some reason by coming out to her you have set yourself up as being attractive to her??? In some weird way???