1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of weird

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordane, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Jordane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So at my school, all the other boys say"my girlfriend this""my girlfriend that" And I can't help but feel a little weird because they always ask me what girl u like. They also still act like being gay is some kind of sickness(Stupid for eleventh grade right) And I honestly wonder if I should explain to them what being gay really is. The weird thing is I live in a state supportive of gays(They can marry here) yet a lot of kids at homophobic.

2. FunnyMonkey

That's really how high school is I live in a state that very lgbt friendly and most of them were kids homophobic than when high school was over it got better people change a few of the homophobic kids came out.

I know it's hard not having a girlfriend when you are in High school and gay. M y best friend was/is a girl so people always I thought we were dating. (*hug*)

3. Caudex

Caudex Guest

1: I think a lot of the kids are just saying, "that's so gay," because that's what people my age say. But they really don't think it's bad, they just say it.
    2: I have that problem. I say I'm forever alone, "Oh, no one would go out with me ever," and people assume I'm talking about girls.

4. Ianthe

They know you're gay and they keep asking you what girl you like? (Your info says you are out to all but family, is that not accurate?)

5. Jeff

You are only in Jr. High, which is a big difference than High School. Once you get to HS the kids tend to try and act cool and adult like. At least they did when I was in HS. From what I see at bus stops, and looking at HS kids around town now, they seem to have lost some manors than what it was like for me.

Anyway, I am going to give your class the benefit of the doubt and say that it should soften up for you a bit as you get to 9th or 10th grade.

So believe it or not, time flies, and school will be done and finished soon. Many of those jackasses will be different, and will get to feel real struggles of their own.

6. Jordane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in high school I'm sorry but I didn't point that out Lol

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2013 at 08:35 PM ----------

Well I am out to many people. My entire school does not know. I am sure some probably make assumptions since I'm never interested in any girls.

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2013 at 08:39 PM ----------

You're right,I think people just so it because it's the "cool thing to do.