1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

awkward conversation at lunch and a question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Feb 15, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so my friend Alex knows im not straight right?
    (i'm not putting a label on me just yet but im not straight) so anyways ....
    we were at lunch with my friend Elisha who doesn't know and Alex started saying

"Meris , i can see you marrying a white guy" and then they were talking about what guys they think i should marry and it got so awkward because i don't want to marry a man....

i looked at Alex and gave her that look and she was like "so yeah" and started to make it more awkward and Elisha looked at me weird and was like "what?" and i wanted to tell her but Alex said it wouldn't be a good idea since she might not accept me and would tell everyone

i want to tell Elisha but she's one of those Christians who believe being LGBT is a choice homosexuality is wrong and doesn't like 'gays' but for some reason.

i can come out to people who aren't as accepting or if i think wont be accepting ....i dont know why.....but i just can because alex , she thinks the same thing but accepts me as a friend still ....i thought she wasn't going to accept me and i could have cared less if she didn't.

so i was wondering should i come out to her?

and why is easy for me to come out to people aren't accepting or who i think wont be accepting

but not people who will be accepting like my dad and some other friends?

like it was so hard to come out to my best friend Desiree and she's lesbian.
    it was so hard

2. MerBear

i dont mean to offend anyone i this thread by the way

3. MerBear

4. Lucky Oshawott

Damn! I guess there are always gonna be people who are against people like us and we can't exactly change the minds of the world in an instant, and of course, religious people already have their own views and won't be too happy with your views being against their own. However, if you feel that you need to tell Elisha, then that is what you must do, but she may not be too happy about it. I guess she'll just need time to adjust, which, if she were a good friend to you, she will eventually.

I do think you should also take the oppurtunity to confront Alex to be a little bit more considerative; as the conversation you were having seemes to be very awkward, but maybe tell her to tone it down a bit; maybe she's talking about guys for you to protect you in her own way, but you should probably ask her if anything's wrong and if she can carry on as usual. Hope this helps.

5. MerBear

maybe....but i mean....its awkward and makes thing obvious haha

thank you

6. Lucky Oshawott

Your welcome, and don't be afraid to take time to think about what you're going to do; Hope everything goes well for you :slight_smile:

7. MerBear