1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is going on?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lazyfire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't say for sure I was smart at all before high school ever started but honestly, ever since second semester started I feel like I've been doing worse on everything. It includes:
    Academics (Honors), club dedication, drawing, music, and even writing.
    People say I'm overloading myself but to me, this just isn't enough!
    Junior:
    2 APs and all Honors, 2 SAT classes, drawing, 2 clubs (w/ leadership positions in both), a job, writing, and National Chinese Honors Society.

But, am I really prepared for this step up? I've never had an AP course in my life and this is my first year with all Honors.

I just feel so unsuccessful. My practice for music is frustrating. My drawing skill isn't getting anywhere. My academics are horrible. I don't feel ready for SAT, SAT IIs or ACT. I can't seem to write. I CAN'T SEEM TO FOCUS ON ANYTHING WITHOUT GRITTING MY TEETH. I GET SO FRUSTRATED. TESTS ARE DROPPING MY GRADES. I CAN'T SEEM TO REMEMBER ANYTHING. D:

And, with all this stress, I feel like such a burden to my friends when I vent. They shouldn't be listening to me. I shouldn't be talking about my problems like that. I should be helping them...

Right? What should I do...?!?!

2. Ticklish Fish

eh.... are you mandatory required to draw or write for your classes/commitments? if not, I would hold off those until grades are fixed.

You can't remember anything? Are you getting sleep at all? sleep and memory is like, correlated yo!

This is your first year with AP and Honors? with 2 clubs and a job?! Please take it easy, man. you already have 2 clubs and classes to focus on, is it possible to temporarily pause those music, drawing, and writing?

I am worry that you'll over stress yourself, man @_@

3. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I sleep! Honestly, some people don't. I actually crash at 2. So, it's all good.
    Drawing and writing NOT are mandatory. But, I do have a story I'd like to submit to Writer's Digest.

#3 lazyfire, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  4. Ticklish Fish

no, i am not asking what time you sleep. I am asking how many hours daily do you sleep lol.

uh. well, it's difficult to write when you have other things ongoing in your life? so maybe you can cut down drawing and music perhaps?

5. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well:
    Morning -> 5 hours SOMETIMES 4 hours
    Afternoon - Evening -> 2 OR 3 hours

I am dropping music for SAT classes and drawing is hard to cut down because once you start, you cannot put down the stylus/pencil/pen/colored pencil etc.