1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love and dating sites...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kgirl, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been on here for a while, by my standards lol. Basically I'm on an indefinite 'break' with my long term bf right now, since I don't know how I feel right now. He's accepted that now.

I'm also unfortunately very much in love with a woman online that I've never met irl due to us living in different countries. She has feelings for me too but is better at accepting reality than me, and I think she's accepting that due to circumstances, the most we can be is friends. We message each other most days for about 10-15 mins or so. I try to keep in what I really want to say, but occasinally it slips out, lol. I think the fact that she's my first female 'love' makes it harder for me to get over her. I know so many people think that you can't be in love with someone you've never met, but right now I disagree. I'm not sure hiw long this 'friendship' relationship with her can last though.

Anyway, I've also joined a dating site, in the hope of meeting some new people. I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's not that practical for me to go out and join any lgbt groups or anything. Also, I'm not really into that sort of 'scene'. I started talking to this girl on there. She seems really nice and I enjoy our conversation. But after one conversation she gave me her number... is that normal? Since I'm so confised right now, I don't want to rush into anything. Do you think it'd be rude to say this to her? I'm new to online dating.. I don't know what acceptable etiquette is hehe.

I guess what I'm asking is.. is it possible for me to stay friends with this woman I'm in love with? I really would ideally like to hold onto her in whatever capacity is realistic because she's such a great person. But I don't know how to let go of my feelings. Also, how do the users of dating sites on here chat to people without things progressing too fast etc? I don't like the idea of ignoring people's messages etc.. I'm so bad at this lol. Thanks.

2. Motov

I'm currently with a man i met online, moved from Wisconsin to Arkansas, March 2011.
    We are still together.

3. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? That's awesome... I think it's a little harder if it's abroad though. Or maybe it's just as bad with different states, idk...