1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this letter sound okay..?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DarkenedSilence, Feb 16, 2013.

1. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wrote a coming out letter to my dad. I'm pretty sure that my dad would accept the fact that I'm lesbian, or homosexual or other various ways to name 'gay'. Though, I'm still very nervous, my stomach feels sick because of my nerves.
    I want to know what you guys think, I haven't re-read it, so this is a first draft, or something..

'Dear dad,

I'm writing this letter to you because I love you and because I want our relationship as father and daughter to strengthen. I, personally, am constantly afraid of disappointing you and mum. Though, I finally feel comfortable enough (now) to finally tell you... I'm gay. I love you very much and I hope you can come to accept this part of me.

For years, I have been struggling with my sexuality, when it had first dawned on me, I panicked. Thinking things like;

"I have to keep this quiet."
    "I like boys, not girls!"
    "I'm straight."
    "This isn't normal."
    "It'll go away eventually."

I went into denial, and the feelings never left. My feelings for females grew, until the thought of being with a boy... Well, let's say that I didn't favour the idea. I have kept my feelings hidden in fear of being ridiculed. I can't change, even if I tried, even if I wanted to.

Please keep in mind that I was born like this, and it is something I can't change, like the colour of our skin. If you need time to let this sink in, take all the time you need. I'm open for any questions you many have for me. Your support would mean so much to me. Remember, I love you very much. I'm still the same daughter you know, just that I like the same sex.

From, Kerri-Anne.
    '

Okay, so.. It may or may not be the best. ^^;;
    I used a few lyrics from the song, "Same Love" by Macklemore.
    I think expressing myself on paper is best for me.. I wouldn't be able to say anything in proper order. I'd be all over the place. >.>
    I probably won't give him the letter for a while.. Maybe in a few months. Or.. Something..

Anyway, tell me if I can improve anything, or if I should change some things. Or just give me your opinion. It's much appreciated. Sorry if there are any typos. ;u;

:slight_smile:

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really like it, it isn't rude or forced, just asking for his acceptance (*hug*) You seem to have made all the basic points needed, it's a simple and sweet letter. Seriously though, it's great :wink:

3. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you very much. ^.^
    That's a relief, I would never want this letter sounding rude nor forced. -Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

4. FunnyMonkey

I like it, it's to the point and not in a uncaring way. I wish you the best with this (*hug*)

5. The username

I really like it.

6. DarkenedSilence

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for your support. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 17th Feb 2013 at 04:02 PM ----------

Thank you. ^.^