1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alteak, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Alteak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm making fake names for these people: Girlfriend = Melanie
    Bi-Sexual Friend = Danielle
    Bi-Sexual Friend's Girlfriend = Liz
    Bi-Sexual Girlfriend's Brother = Bryce

I think I might have found my first possible boyfriend. I'm going to start from the beginning:
    Back in the beginning of the school year, this girl that liked me asked me out. Thinking I could eventually become straight (At the time I hated what I was and couldn't accept it), I said yes. Anyways, she has a friend that's bi-sexual and dating this girl. The girl's brother is gay. He always talked to my girlfriend about how good he thinks I look.

Anyways, one day he saw me at the mall and messaged my bi-sexual friend to confirm if it was me. When I get home, he messages me and says "omfg you have a nice face." and "your hair is pretty nice, I'm diggin'.". After we chatted for a while, he said he was "lonely, cold & ugly". I said "girl, pls", which in my talk, is basically saying that he isn't. He replies with "what are you saying". I didn't reply after that. Nobody but my sister and her girlfriend know that I'm out (That's another reason I'm hesitant on coming out. My sister is also homosexual, which means my dad would have no grand-kids Q_Q). I didn't know what to do. If I said what I meant, then he would probably tell others that I was gay. If I didn't say anything (which I didn't), then I'd seem like a jerk.

One day, Melanie, Danielle, Liz, Liz's friend, Bryce, and I all hung out. We all sat down and chatted for a while, I was of course the odd one out, not really talking and only laughing a bit. Liz eventually made me join in. Bryce had a great sense of humor, too. He was really comfortable with his sexuality, too, even being one year younger than me.

We all go to the mall after talking and then we split up. Bryce wants me and Melanie to go with him and the others go to a different store. We meet back up and then head to the movies, but Bryce stays back at the mall to talk to his other sister.

After the movie, Bryce and Liz's friend are waiting outside the door. We all stood and talked while waiting for rides. I opened up a little bit and clicked with Bryce on a few things.

The day after all this, I'm inspired because I think I may have chances with Bryce. I break up with my girlfriend as subtly as possible (Yes I feel absolutely horrible, it was a spur of the moment decision and I couldn't carry on pretending anymore) and I talk with Danielle about it (Who I am coming out to tomorrow if she messages me back).

TL;DR: I found a gay person I like, I want to slowly come out and see if I could have any chance with them because I really like them.

Annnnnnd that's it. I think I get a little bit too optimistic about people sometimes. Although I'm a little bit hesitant on Bryce because I've heard rumors about him. I heard from Danielle and Melanie that he was sexually active once in the past, already ._.

2. DeanIsHome

Well if you like him and you're comfortable with him, heck why not go for it? if i were you i would've gone for it a long time ago especially if we clicked.

3. Alteak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only known him for around a month. That's another reason I'm kind of hesitant. I think I might be rushing things even though I think he's subtly flirting. I don't even know. rgijw4igj34uejrg

4. DeanIsHome

Then ask to go out like shopping or go play video games together, get to know each other a bit then while you're doing that see if he's still hitting on you.

5. Alteak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually just had a really good idea (I think). Danielle knows him really well because she practically lives with Liz. I was going to come out to Danielle because she went through the exact same thing a few years ago and then I'm going to talk to her about Bryce. Do you think that would work? I'm not a confrontational person, even If I already know the answer would probably be good.

#5 Alteak, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  6. DeanIsHome

^Trust you're gut, I think that's a good idea especially if Danielle knows Bryce well this may be better since you say you're not a confrontational person.

7. Alteak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I messaged Danielle about my sexual orientation. I didn't bring Bryce up yet, though. Here's my whole message:
    " Ok faqqit. I'm just going to say it and wait for you to see it l8r. I didn't give the real reason why I broke up with Melanie.
    When I was about eleven or twelve, I didn't really know my sexual orientation. I was really... weird about everything. I didn't really like either gender. I still have mixed feelings about the whole subject.

But lately (By lately I mean since I was 13 or so), I realize that I might like both genders. Possibly guys more than girls.
    It's really confusing and I don't mean to drop anything on you, but I figured I could trust you, I mean you're going through the same thing, too, right? Counting you, only three people know. You, Sevannah (My sister), and her girlfriend, Rebecca. If you can, please don't tell anyone. If you do end up telling someone, make sure it's someone you can trust with a secret.

And I lied before when I said there was no one that I actually liked (This was from a past conversation). There's only one person and it's really f***ing weird because I hardly know them. SORRY I WILL STOP. THIS IS AWKWARD AS F*** AND I'M OUT.
    "

#7 Alteak, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013