1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Terrified right now!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DeanIsHome, Feb 17, 2013.

1. DeanIsHome

I'm shaking right now, I'm so scared, Yesterday night my dad found out i was watching a gay themed-film and confronted me about it in front of my very big family, I lied and said no and my mom said no too.

As of just 20 minutes ago my mom just left the house with my dad but before she left she came to my room and confronted me about the movies, the last time my mom confronted me about anything LGBT related was when she forced me to come out last year and then she basically dismissed it and forced me to tell her that i haven't found the right girl yet (but i doubt she believed that). When my mom walked in she said (these are almost verbatim)
    "I told you're dad and them it wasn't you're because i know most of them have anger management issues, but how can you do this to me??! you know making me have this pain from you my son is a sin!" All i could do was look at my phone and i didn't say anything she wouldn't let me speak she then kept on going and said "Have you decided this is what you are!? huh!? look at me!" I kept saying "no...no...no" that's all i could say, I was never prepared for when i was forced out by my mom or from what just happened, it never worked out with the way i planned it and i was always caught off guard with this so i had nothing to say but i really wanted to say "yes, i have decided" the only thing stopping me is my mom is pregnant and will give birth on this Thursday the 21 (i think) and i don't want to stress her at this moment.

My mom just left with my dad for a drive and i am terrified at the thought that she might tell him about this since there alone now and he can control his temper better with my mom or he might confront my mom about it and she might tell him! if he finds out i'm as good as dead, right before i typed all this i packed my backpack and put all my savings i had with me in it (so far about $250) the only problem is if i need to run i have no where to go and I would have run long ago but I am scared of leaving my brother since my dad is verbally abusive and my brother is sensitive since my parent's never did anything to him. What can I do or where could i go if i need to run?

2. SomeNights

I think you may be overreacting a little. Just relax and wait it out, has your dad ever hit you?

Remember that no matter when you tell them they are going to go through the stages of loss(denial-anger-depression-bargaining-acceptance) this could take seconds or months and can go in any order. I've been a lot closer to my dad finding out than that, but from what you've posted I can't tell: does your mom know your gay or not?

3. BudderMC

I don't think running away is a good option in this situation. Your parents may be angry, but unless I'm missing something it doesn't sound like your life is in danger where you are. And it sounds like running away would prompt them to be more angry, not be worried for your wellbeing.

Running away most certainly isn't feasible either if you're 15, have no money, no job, and nowhere to go.

If there's a legitimate concern that you're going to be harmed, please call the police. Don't hesitate to do so.

4. DeanIsHome

My dad would beat me when i was 5-11 years old he'd use different objects too but he hasn't since then since my parents learned that hitting me didn't do much, but my dad is unstable and has i think PTSD plus he went through 2 wars as a kid. My mom sort of know's but she's... idk what she's doing

5. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know what else to say but that we're all here for you Dean. Seriously, I can't imagine. Keep us updated (*hug*)

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dean,

First and foremost, you need to have a safety plan, and it sounds like that's what you're working on.

Do you have a close friend, relative, or other adult that you can stay with temporarily? That is your very best solution in the short term if you realistically believe there is a possibility of physical violence.

No one should have to worry about their physical safety in their own home, and there are definitely steps that can be taken to ensure your physical safety and emotional well being. I will PM you with more information.

7. SomeNights

^ what Chip said. If he's beating you call Child Protective Services for both you and your brothers safety

if your mom sorta knows, I doubt her telling your dad.

8. Deaf Not Blind

please contact us when you are safe!

I am right now praying for you...God keep him from being beat up!

THAT is a sin...hitting your son cuz you are angry is a sin.

Why has nobody told the cops?

9. Ianthe

If you aren't safe at home, Seattle does have a good program in place for youth. You go to one of their designated Safe Place locations, and just say that you need a safe place, and then they help you. The Safe Place program is run by YouthCare, which also runs shelter, housing, education and job training programs for youth in Seattle.

Safe Place | YouthCare

10. DeanIsHome

Thank you for that info, I'm putting it in my phone right now. So far my dad has not been able to confront me since I've been hiding pretending I'm asleep, hopefully I can keep this up for a while.

11. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So is everything calmed down? Does he know?

12. DeanIsHome

I don't know, I've been avoiding both my parents and I'm doing a pretty good job at it.

13. I can't believe that you're so scared that you're at the point of running away. I hope you'll be alright. (*hug*)

14. Deaf Not Blind

be sure to contact the man i gave u the phone number for, they will help you.