1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever just feel totally and completely shit about everything?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TwoMethod, Feb 17, 2013.

1. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel really awful right now for loads of reasons, and it's really getting to me:

1. I'm in my final year of school, and I need to stay in my country if I want to go to university, which I do. I'll be moving to the capital city of my country, which is about two hours away. But the rest of my family are moving to South America this summer because my Dad has just been appointed the director of a division of a really large company there. We've had it tough since my Dad lost his job a few years ago and this is an amazing break that we've got, but I won't be part of it. I would like to go there, but it does not fit in with any of my life plans by any stretch of the imagination.

I know I'm eighteen, but I really feel like they're not taking me into consideration at all. They are pretending they are, but they're not. And I can kind of understand it, too. Yet I have no family in the capital city, so I was hoping that I could come back to where I live currently on the weekends and stuff, but I've been told now that they will be letting our house out! It's not like they won't be supporting me financially — they will. And I can visit as often as I would like, but that's kind of impractical given that it's at least a twelve hour plane journey from Europe.

2. I honestly feel like I don't have that many friends. We just had a week off from school there and I really saw nobody. My best friend is great, but sometimes he can be a bit off. And I have another friend who is a bit reclusive. I've tried to make more friends but it hasn't happened. I know I should count myself lucky that I have two people I can trust, but still.

3. I'm still not over a crush I have on a guy who's two years younger than me in school. And I don't want to be over it either. I tried being friends with him, and it just hasn't worked out. I literally think about him every hour, and I don't fully understand why he doesn't want to be friends.

4. I have a huge aptitude-type test in two weeks that I haven't studied for at all, and I need to do well if I want to confirm my place in medical school. I have a friend who's been studying for the past six weeks, and I just haven't done anything. I can do well, but I can't bring myself to work on it.

5. And then the minor stuff: I had big practice exams before my week off from school, and I was really, really sick on one of the days so I missed one of the papers for Maths. I was given it to do under "exam conditions" over the break. But did I do it? No. It takes two-and-a-half hours to do, and I'm due in school in like five hours, and it's three a.m. in the morning. Oh yeah, and I have homework I haven't done either.

I don't think I'm mentally able to go to school tomorrow, and I don't think I can face my Maths teacher without having the work done (she's won the best maths teacher award in the entire country, but she's a complete loon, too).

I'm eighteen, but the way my school works is that your parents are still the "co-educators" so you can't miss school without their permission, and I think my parents will be sick of me saying that I'm sick of everything and just can't go to school.

Everything is just a culmination of things at the moment, and it really bloody sucks.

Anyone have a way to tell your parents this kind of shit to get off school?

2. Ianthe

Why are you not sleeping right now?

3. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good question. I have serious sleep issues, and my sleeping patterns have been totally messed up over the break. Normally it takes me a day or two to get back into things and to sleep at the right times.

Fortunately, I'm able to function really, really well on very little sleep. Sometimes I hear people who are like "uh, I got five hours sleep last night" and they look like they've been slapped in the face, while I can function amazingly on like two sometimes. Some people need less sleep than others. I manage to catch up on the weekends, but I work much, much better in the middle of the night, so I often study or do homework late. It has worked pretty well for me going on three or four years now.