1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randomly asking my blood test result

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by squally89, Feb 17, 2013.

1. squally89

So just now my sister at 2:35AM in the morning asks me "When was the last time you had a blood test" right in the middle of our conversation about PS4 (as I was explaining why Sony is launching it next gen consoles earlier than Microsoft). I got a little bit mad instantly because it was so random and the way she asked me made me felt like a second class citizen.

I replied back that it's none of her business and she told me it is her business because she lives with me. I told her "No she won't be turning into a "zombie" anytime soon" because she believes if I have any kind of STD it will be passed on to her. :tantrum: ARGH how uneducated can she be...

I just don't understand...we were having a wonderful day and BAM.

Yes I do have a boyfriend right now, but we only dated for a month...Seriously?! So angry...Please add some ice to my forehead please~

2. Gen

Gen

(*hug*)

How old is she? Because if she was worried about your STD negativity, then you wouldnt need a "Blood Test" lol. I would shrug if off, honestly. I would certainly be annoyed and voice my opinion about what she said, but dont waste time festering over it. Its obvious that she isnt very well informed on the subject anyway.

3. exactly what gen said.
    is she like 15? or really young. if not i thought adults would know that the only way to catch an std straight/gay/whatever is to be intimate with someone.... unless its crabs but you would know if you had that though.

maybe you should sit her down and give her a 'sex talk' assuming she is straight. tell her about stds in the straight world dont differ from the gay community. 'now when a man and a woman get intitmate theres a chance that an std could be caught, if one person isnt clean. do you understand that?' i would personally and be really patronizing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. She was probs just worried about her brother..?
    She may not have thought she could get it - sisters feel they have to make excuses for caring about their brothers.

5. squally89

She's wondering if I'm HIV positive and that kind of stuff.
    Although not spoken but apparently if I were to catch anything in that realm I will be abandon.
    I do have a boyfriend and yes we have done stuff, but she doesn't know that.
    I'm upset about the double standard placed on me bc I'm gay. I'm upset by the tone and treatment I have received by my 28 year old sister. I have spoken to her about my bf and we giggled and shared stuff but at the end of the day she's really not cool about me being gay. I guess she will never be okay with me being gay and the sooner I can get over that the better it is for me.

6. Last Gentleman

Next time she's talking about her boyfriend, ask her when she last got tested.
    If she says she doesn't need to be tested, come back with "so you're using protection then..."

Or you could just state plain and simple that the way she's talking to you hurts your feelings and how she has the wrong idea in her head.

Failing that, just try to ignore it.

7. squally89

Love it! :grin:

8. Just tell her how you feel and how hurtful it was. She should know better since she's an adult. And yeah, you should do what Last Gentleman said. LOL

Btw, it's so cool that you have a bf. lucky....