1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice and Opinions about a guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RuralMedAU, Mar 12, 2008.

1. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I was at the beach with some friends this past weekend. This one guy hangs out with us sporadically but has been friends with the group for a while. I am new to the group since october. This guy is gay. We stayed up all night on Sunday night just talking and talking, the conversation never slowed down. He is dating someone, but said "He has never and doesn't think he could ever have as deep and intimate a conversation as we had, with his bf". I've never had that deep and intimate and great of a conversation with anyone as well. Any advice?

2. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

If hes really worth all the trouble...then... STEAL HIM AWAY FROM HIS BF!:icon_bigg

3. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't steal him away, that isn't right. Should I tell him how I feel. Or just wait it out. I don't know how to read his opinion of our conversation

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

It sounds like you have a strong emotional connection. Is there chemistry? Do you physically fancy him and does he seem to fancy you too? Check to see whether he's nervous in your presence or looks at you often, or whether he goes red or is particularly touchy-feely. That might help you see his feelings.

I can understand you not wanting to steal him, and that's a great thing. Well done. I would suggest you see how he feels about you, and if he seems to like you too, maybe you should tell him. If he likes you too he will let his boyfriend down gently for you. If he doesn't like you back, that may be an awkward sitaution, but it's one only you can judge... :S And, if he's such a good friend, he shouldn't mind too much and you could get over it.

5. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Should I tell him how I fell about him and the situation?

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

If you get good vibes from him, and you think it won't make things too awkward, maybe you should. It will probably be awkward at first though, especially as he's still got a boyfriend. He will probably feel confused himself about whether he should break up with his boyfriend. It's a hard situation. I'm not the best one to ask really... you should get a second opinion.

7. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arneneithel, I thank you for your advice. I am sure that there is someone who has gone through this situation and can provide some advice.

8. panda

Another thing to think about is that in the future,if you two did get to have a relationship,is that one time before, he had a boyfriend that he left for you.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How long has he been with his boyfriend? Is it possible for you two to remain friends? I don't know. This is a hard one. You might just have to wait things out and see what happens.

10. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He has been with him since Sept. It is possible for us to remain friends

11. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think he feels very comfortable around you, he doesn't seem to be shy to say anything to you and since you talk to him about personal stuff too it makes it even easier to be around and talk to you. I think he may or may not have a crush on you, it's hard to tell, but I am pretty confident that if this doesn't result in a relationship that you will both have eachother to turn to when you need advice and comfort.
    I wish you luck.

:kiss:

12. timepy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe because he doesn't have a relationship that he can talk openly with his other half. He is missing that need to open up to someone. It doesn't always mean that he wants to jump your bones or maybe it does. Just be honost and ask him. Maybe say there is something I need to ask you. I enjoy our conversations we have. I am happy to share our thoughts. But I need something made clear for me. And you know the rest. You sound like a very caring person. One who doesn't want to cause any hurt feeling. I have never seen honesty if presented gently ever not go unappreciated. Maybe not at first. But people respect that. I know I do.

13. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

i think u should say how you feel
    he might leave his bf 4 u

14. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I finally told him how I felt about him and he admitted that he had been having sexual thoughts about me. I haven't been able to talk to him since the time I told him and now he won't respond to text messages. What should I do now.

15. -Michael-

Dont do anything.
    Just act like you normally would around him.
    If he likes you more thanhis BF *he'll* do what is right.
    But you trying so hard, Kinda a bitch

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The ball's in his court.
    If he's interested in you, he knows what he has to do.
    If he's unwilling to make that step, he's not worth it.

Lex

17. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just want to tell him that I was serious about what I said and that I am willing to wait for him but if I there is no reason for me to wait then please tell me now. Is that fair?

18. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tried to call him yesterday and he didn't answer. I left a message. I think I should just wait it out now.

19. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it a few days and see what happens. As Lex indicated, the ball is in his court. There is nothing you can really do now, except wait. If he is not doing anything, or not responding to your texts, and phone messages maybe it would the best if you try moving on as best as you can. If it comes to that, and I know it is going to be hard at first, but try seeing it as someone with whom you had a great conversation, with whom you shared some laughs.

I hope this helps!

20. TeeJers

Yep, I think you should just wait it out. Just keep an open mind about life. Don't get focused on him calling back.