1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made amends with my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, Mar 12, 2008.

1. katmando

For the longest time my mom and I have had an off and on again relationshiip, mostly off. But after going to the support group last night I went to her house and talked to her for about 1 hour.

Although we made amends, and we really did. She is not totally accepting me being gay, I asked her if she is numb to it and she said yeah, ahd its still a bit of a s shock. I am disappointed that she is not totally accepting and I think this is some of where a lot of my past anger stems.

But she pretty much agreed to go to the gay support group next month.

I am a little hurt and crushed, that she totally does not accept this(I am her kid). But maybe with the help of the group she will come around

Justin

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well she agreed to go to the support group so it shows she's trying. I'm glad you're trying to work things out with her. It'll take time, but hopefully it'll soon get better.

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Well done. It sounds like you're making excellent progress to improving your life. I'm sorry about her less than complete acceptance, but it sounds like she's trying. Hopefully with time, and the help of your support group, she can come right round to what you deserve. (*hug*) Good luck.

4. biisme

well, I'm glad that you guys have made amends, and hopefully the support group will help her :slight_smile:

5. BreakingGlass

I'm glad you talked it out. It sound like she's trying though. The support group should help. :eusa_clap

6. step49x

Well, if she agreed to go to the support group it sounds like she's at least trying. I'm glad you were able to talk to her, and I'm glad to hear your talk went well. I hope everything goes well in the future!

7. Louise

Double well done you.... is there no stopping you!!!

You mum might be numb to this but at least she is not closed to the idea of going to the support group. It may not be exactly what you hoped for but at least she is making an effort to come round. Give her time, she will get there. :thumbsup:

8. katmando

Yes there is. While I have ups and downs today. Was a down day. I have not done this in 3 years, but my mom got into it again and I took *EXCESSIVE* amounts of prescription meds. I am too em ebarrassed to even say how much I took, but I am okay,

There is no winning with this woman

#8 katmando, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm sorry to hear that. Please stay away from the prescription medications. You can't control how your mother treats you but you CAN control how you take care of your body.