1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartbroken..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dovahkiin, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Dovahkiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I told the girl I love that I like her tonight, even though she said today that she was straight. I was so stupid to tell her. She was very nice about it and said that it doesn't affect our friendship. But I can't help being completely heartbroken. I've never felt like this about anyone before. Urgh :tears:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sucks, but it's better to know than not to know. Because as long as you didn't know, you'd have to live in limbo looking for little hints and clues that maybe she was gay/bi, and maybe she was interested in you, too. Now at least you know. You can now get started on getting your head and heart back in the right place. Thank her for being so cool about it - that IS the best response you could've gotten under the circumstances. Then feel free to take a day or so to feel absolutely shitty. Listen to lousy music, kick the wall, punch the pillows, cry. Then take a shower, and start working on moving on. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Dovahkiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah that's true. I can't stop crying. I feel like such an idiot for even thinking that she might like me. I was so deluded. :frowning2:

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how you feel... =/

Same thing happened to me, only for TWO BLOODY years I thought she liked me. I wish I would've just told her earlier on so the pain wouldn't have been so crushing in the end. Maybe it would've been the same but I would've had more time to heal. Our friendship has been what I miss the most. We were so inseparable and now we don't even talk... Even 4 months later I feel empty.

PM or message me if you need to vent and we can both b**** about our lives.

5. Dovahkiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. Sorry it's taken me a while to reply, been at college all day..

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*) There is no reason for you to feel like an idiot. You did a very brave thing. Letting someone know as to how you feel about them, is not easy. It takes a lot of courage.

As Lex mentioned, it hurts for a while, but as you begin to work on beginning to move on, you'll be able to leave it all behind you. You still have a friend in her, and when you feel ready, talk with her, and continue your friendship.

7. Dovahkiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you Mirko. I was with her most of today because we had college together and I felt like such an idiot, and in turn made her feel uncomfortable because I was so subdued and couldn't look her in the eye.. It really hurts.. I've not felt this bad in a very long time.

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I did was tell her I needed some space from her for awhile. Being the good friend she is she understood. I take it day by day.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Better to have loved and lost, OP. The sting of knowing you won't have her is not as bad as an ember of regret for the life that could have been. At least you know for sure; having that decided is a blessing.

10. Dovahkiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you both.. I don't know what to say.. I'm just gutted..

11. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've gone through what you have myself just a few months ago. My crush was bisexual too, but when I finally told him my feelings for him, it turns out he just wasn't looking for a relationship with anyone. He was really, really kind and understanding, and we've remained close friends. Someday things might change, but what's really helped was the realization that ultimately there's nothing I can do to change his mind. He may feel like becoming closer later, but there's nothing I can do to bring that about. It may sound strange, but it's comforting, sort of like I can be at peace now. I can focus on the other things that make me happy, and continue to move forward as a person. I also realized that although I was disappointed that we couldn't be more than friends, the fact that we are good friends is the main thing that makes me happy. Being more than that would be like icing on the cake; it would make our relationship sweeter, but just being good friends is sweet enough. I have someone who understands me, who I can talk to about personal things, my dreams, my ideas, etc. That is enough for me ^_^

One thing that I would universally recommend that you consider is this: just because she didn't feel the same way is no reason to believe there's some flaw in yourself. In fact, you could have been the most attractive woman alive and she wouldn't have loved you in that way. She's straight, she simply isn't capable of such a relationship. It's disappointing, but not reflective of how worthy you are.