1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lightnight, Feb 18, 2013.

1. lightnight

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I didnt know where to post this to recieve advice as i am new here, so i just posted it as a new thread and on my blog. Sorry if that annoys anyone or anything.

This is a big step for me, I mean i was even nervous to register for this website. I thought that maybe this is the best way to gain advice on my current situation.

I am 17 and have never slept with a boy or a girl. Yes i have done things with boys but not girls. I am unsure whether my feelings mean anything seeing as i havent had a sexual experience with a girl so cannot compare the two and determine my sexual orientation. I keep telling myself that this is a reason and that everyone at my age is confused and has ridiculous amounts of hormones so dont know what to think/feel. I am just so confused. I keep telling myself that im straight, then that being bi is not so bad and just completely leaving the idea of being a lesbian alone.

It really started about 2 years ago. I have denied this part of my life for so many years and I am sick of feeling so confused and different. I mean i do find some guys attractive but i seem to have this strong pull towards women. I am definitely attracted to more guys than girls but when im attracted to a girl it is so different. I dont know how to explain it, i can feel it in the pit of my stomach and it is there everytime i see them.

I really dont think i could ever come out at school now, i would at least wait until i left next year. My friends would never accept me, they think of being bi/lesbian as a disgusting thing. I just wish there was someone in my life i could talk to, but that would make all of this seem more like reality.

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Hi there :slight_smile: You're in the right place.

It's a difficult period to go through-- you're now able to acknowledge that you feel attraction to both men and women, and that's great progress. You might not be ready to come out yet, but you don't need to come out, really ever, if you don't want to.

Just because you haven't slept with a woman or fooled around with a woman doesn't mean you aren't attracted to them. You're still questioning, and that's ok! It's an internal process, and you'll figure it out in time :slight_smile: In the meantime, try not to worry about it. Try to think "It's ok, no matter what I am, that I can be (straight/bisexual/gay)." It takes time.

Welcome to EC. I hope you find this site useful :slight_smile: