1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate My Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Feb 18, 2013.

1. MerBear

i cannot stand my dad. he's a fucking asshole.

Today , I was sleeping because i couldn't get any sleep last night and he busted in my room saying

"what's this outline you were suppose to do on Friday?"

Our teacher gave us this schedule sheet ...that says what assignments our due and apparently this outline was due on Friday but I don't remember him telling us anything about an outline and we were behind schedule anyways so i thought maybe it was due Tuesday

So me and my dad were arguing back and forth. he wouldn't let me get a word in.
    He was all like

"oh so what were you going to do, just not do it?"
    and i was like "I Thought it was due tues-"

"ALL YOU DO IS TRY TO GET BY!"

so finally i told him to be quiet then he was all like
    "you never want to do your work!" and when he wouldn't be quiet ,

i told him to shut up....now before you say
    "you should have been a little calmer" or
    "you don't say that to your father"

Let me give you a little background information.

every single day whenever i come home. he yells at me. it doesn't matter what ....he just yells at me. he blames me for every little thing i do. i'm not even exaggerating here.

I have had to deal with yelling all my life.
    My mom and sister would yell all the time and they would get into physical altercations with each other.

Now i have developed a habit of yelling but i still don't like

but besides the point....

after i told him to shut up , we started yelling again....then i told him to go to work or something....he came over to me while i was sitting down in my chair and screamed

"IF YOU TELL ME ONE MORE TIME TO GO TO WORK OR TO LEAVE YOU ALONE. I'LL SLAP YOU ACROSS THE GOD DAMN FACE , DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

"I'LL KICK YOUR ASS"

he then proceeded to try and kick me

At this point he screaming while spitting his words at me.
    He had his hand up above my face and so i smacked it away.

I was crying and trying to tell to go away but i could barely get it out.....
    he was telling to me not to tell him what to do and that this was HIS house...

so then i gathered my stuff and locked myself in my room.

just a few moments ago , he called me over to get my card and i got them and i told him to get me the other card and he reached to get it and i was going to get from him but it fell then he slapped my inside of my wrist or arm really hard and said

"don't you ever snatch it out of my hand!"

and right now , my wrist/arm hurts , it stings and is kind sore.

My dad has pinned me against the wall. He's thrown things at me. he's kicked me.
    he's yanked me around.

I live in fear basically.

he's not a bad dad but i still hate him and don't say , i don't because i do.
    i hate him just like my sister. i refuse to say "i love you" and refuse to hug him.....after all the shit , he'd done to me , fuck him.

i'm done.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With all this domestic abuse I would call 911...

3. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry to hear that. My dad and I don't get along as well and only once he beat me, but yeah... since then I don't like talking to him that much. From time to time I'll try making myself liking him, but I just can't. But, yeah... I'm so sorry. Just try to ignore him, I dont know how he would take that, but that's a good thing to do, instead of yelling back at him, just... ignore. Count to 10. It can work.

4. MerBear

It doesn't happen every day....just when it gets bad.

now the yelling happens every day

even if i did....he's been to anger management classes but never thought it did anything

if he went to jail , i'd stay with either my sister or my aunt....and quite frankly , i'd rather live on the streets.

his sister would be on his side....and it wouldn't end hell...
    my sister would just blame me for everything as usual and tell me everything i've done wrong and i dont feel like hearing it

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2013 at 04:40 PM ----------

i have done that method , he just gets in my face and it freaks me out

i'll try again though

5. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And if he is like blaming you for something just say "okay, I'll do it", something like that, don't try to fight it or explain yourself, just say you'll do it and that's it.

6. MerBear

i refuse to do something , i haven't learned

we haven't learned how to do an outline yet so i cant do it if i haven't learned it

7. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But just pretend that you are doing, I don't know... just something to get him off, you know?

8. MerBear

i did , i locked myself in my room and did my 5 paragraph essay

9. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, but that was after you argued? I think that's the kind of stuff you need to do.

10. MerBear

yeah. i wish i could talk to my ex about it....
    she'd always know what to say....but i let her go so i can't

11. GayLibertarian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My father died when I was seven, so I honestly don't know what this is like. But I would just say do whatever you think is the right course to go. Other than that I really don't know.

12. Kay

Kay Guest

My dad was a jerk and mentally abusive to my mother and me. He treated my brother like he was a god. I hated him. For years I though when you said the word woman it was proceeded by the word stupid. He was a pain in the ass. He took the door off my room because i slammed it once. So I never had any privacy except in the bathroom or if I was out. I had a 9pm curfew when I was 16. My brother could stay out until he decided to come home. You should call 911 if he ever lays a hand on you.

13. TheSeeker

Ok. If you are being physically and emotionally abused, you need help from someone other than us. Reporting him to the local police may or may not help, it depends on the officer responding and whether or not you have any marks on your body.

Unfortunately, most of us here on EC are ill-equipped to advise or help you. All I can say is to call a Hotline. Here's a Nationwide site with information: Prevent Child Abuse America

No matter how much you love your Dad, NOBODY deserves the treatment he is putting you through. Don't worry about what he or your sister thinks, do what is best for you both and get help!

Take care,

The Seeker

14. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "He's not a bad dad..."

...what?

15. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Reminds me of my own father, ignore him and avoid all contact with him.

16. MerBear

no like....he keeps a roof over my head and i appreciate that

17. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By all means, I don't want to sound spoilt when I say this but : Some of us expect a little more than a roof.
    Thinking how I do - I am my parents offspring - They want me to survive - They place a roof over my head. I appreciate also, but a little more than that is to be expected, like comfort and calm, maybe. If you get me. Certainly not what you've described.

If anything by what I've said, I expect my parents to treat me no worse than the average stranger would, and expect them to treat me better than that due to the fact I love them, and the love me, and so on.

18. MerBear

i mean , he seems accepting of my sexuality but i havent even came out to him

but yeah , thats all he does is yell at me and today he spanked me lilke i was 5
    he's whipped me with a belt before and once had pushed the couch into my foot which was between the corner of my brick fireplace and severely bruised it and leaving it slightly fractured

but these things only happen when we really get into it. not every day.

19. Rapter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    These things should NEVER happen. This is domestic abuse, I would recommend 911 the next time it happens.

20. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know EXACTLY how u feel. My step dad and and are both assholes. like you said I appreciate that my step dad puts a roof over my head but sometimes I can stand it and I move out. One argument lead to a physical fight. He tried to punch my sister and I saw it out of the corner of my eye and instinctively pushed him down he stairs. Later he got back up and tried to hit me in my room. I already anticipated that he would try so I hid a small sword under my pillow (don't ask...) and held it against his throat. Ever since then we haven't been in a physical fight but he's still and ass and yells at me for my grades. Although you may not want to call the cops I would suggest it. Things can get extreme when you least expect it. Oh yeah if I tried to lock my door (just did like 2 days ago) and do my work he wont believe me so he just broke the door and now I have no door :frowning2: anyway I hope things turn out better for you I know you've been through enough with your ex. I just broke up with my boyfriend because he had to move to Georgia ( I live in PA) and i think that I'm moving on nicely (I think...) and I think I'm starting to like my best friend (again I think not sure...) again take care and hope things go well.