1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like my problems are trivial compared to other people's problems on here

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MtnFr3sh, Feb 18, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've posted to the support forum several times regarding basically the same issue and I'm afraid people might get tired of hearing it. It might be because it seems rare that have a shoulder to openly cry on, I don't even tell my fiance everything that's wrong because we're long distance and will be for about 2 more years and there's not much he could do from all the way in England.

My mom has recently been nagging, when she nags, it's halfway between nagging and yelling. She tells me that I don't care about my appearance (I really don't) that I walk with a slouch without pride (I do slouch a bit) and that I only get out of my room and go to school or anything simply because the law requires it. If I had it my way, I would stay home all the time, but if I could get out away from my mom for an extended period of time, I'd jump at the chance, I signed up for a summer camp because the main reason is I'd be away from her for 5 weeks.

I'll be honest, the reason why I'm doing things the way I do and am not spending time with her like she wants is because of a couple of reasons. It is taking all of my willpower to repress myself from truly being myself, I don't care about how I look because I'm not dressing how I want to dress, I'm not standing straight because I fell depressed. My mom says the only time I spend time with her is when I want something, I'll be honest, that's half true. But only because of what happened when I lied and told her I was Bi as kind of a test/being shoved out of the closet. But If you do remember responding to another thread of mine I did a complete 180 and just said I was confused. I haven't trusted her or had any respect for her since. If you don't remember, she basically called me a slut and said she wouldn't give me my license because I'd just "drive around to pick up guys". We also haven't talked about it since.

My mom just manages to get to me all the time and make me feel like crap. One time she really got to me and I collapsed against a wall and started crying, she was pissed about something and made me get up and look in the mirror and said something along the lines of "Do you realize how pathetic you look? Quit crying!"

I can no longer stand this woman, I already hate my deadbeat dad, when I was younger I was sure that it wasn't possible for me to hate both of my parents, but, now I'm not sure.

About a month ago, my mom got to me so bad that I cried in the shower for an hour, went to bed and cried for an hour, then kinda went insane and laughed like a mad man. I got up, went to the kitchen, and took out a knife, I was bout to cut myself but, I just couldn't do it. I threw it back in the drawer and went back to bed.

I just feel so alone here, I have nobody I an really talk to. I mean, nobody that's here, my fiance is always there for me but, recently, since he's halfway across the world I feel like we're drifting apart, I spend almost every moment of my massive spare time on the computer talking to him, and I feel like I shouldn't be doing that. And he won't be able to get stateside for at least 2 years And he's the only person I have, there is absolutely nobody else I can talk to. I've been told to seek a therapist or a PFLAG group on here but there's not one anywhere near me. And about the therapist, I can't, I don't know why, I'm just afraid that if I spill my guts out to them, they'll tell my mom everything. Then I'll be completely, and utterly screwed. I just flat don't know what to do!

2. Steelers91

Hey man,

I have read and responded to your posts before. Don't for a second feel that your problems aren't worthy of a forum post. EC community is full of loving and helpful people, who want nothing more than to help in any way they can. Besides I wouldn't consider your problems to be frivolous, depression and abuse (even verbal) is very serious. I think you would benefit greatly from a LGBT youth group, it would provide positive socialization with people your own age, a productive outlet via volunteer and recreational activities, as well as potential counseling opportunities from those that are familiar with similar situations as yours. I am not sure how far you are from Dallas but I did a bit of research and came across, Youth First Texas, they are a youth organization that is exclusively dedicated to providing opportunities for life skills, leadership development, peer support, and educational advancement to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) youth and their Allied friends. It’s worth a look man, depression is a scary thing, you have to be proactive to overcome it and I think this or something like it could be a good start.

3. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh, I know that I could benefit from one of those groups, but that is not possible, I'm actually in a small-medium town along the northern border of Texas, Dallas is the closest city so I just listed my city as Dallas, I'm going to change that. But yeah, there is no group in my town that I know of.

Just adding to it now, I changed it, are there any in my location? Because I've looked and found nothing.

#3 MtnFr3sh, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  4. newgirl31

Yeah this must be so hard for you. I am glad you are posting about it! My cousin is pansexual and just moved to Denton...I guess it is a college town so more open minded. I asked her how it was because there is a guy on here BornInTexas who was posting on my Angry at Society thread about how horrible Texas can be to dress in a way that reveals your identity. My cousin said in Denton the day I talked to her this guy was wearing incredible floral tights in the grocery store there. When I was in high school may parents had an intervention on me about how I dressed..."why do you wear black? Why are your clothes baggy? Do you want to look like a homeless person?" But it only ended up making me feel worse at the time. When I would tell them I was sad because I didn't have friends in the town we had just moved too that was sort of uppity suburbs..and immediately they said it was my fault because oh how I dressed. So ignorant...but it gets better! I loved when I eventually moved out and experimented with styles. It will be so fun.

So yeah I don't know where you live but I looked up even Denton was tons of counselors you could probably find help and you deserve it! Insurances usually cover a certain number of appointments so maybe you could find out if you think your parents might use that as a reason you couldn't go.

Again this is Denton:
    Denton Gay Issues Therapist - Gay Issues Therapist Denton, Denton County, Texas (TX) - Gay Issues Counseling Denton

Calendar - PFLAG Denton

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

5. Ticklish Fish

Um, sorry if I cannot comment on your relationship with your mother.

But when I see that you slouch when you walk, I worry about your posture :3
    I know you're sad and all, but having bad posture can lead to health problems in the future.

I am in Houston, Tx. I dunno if I can relate most of your problems, but feel free to talk to me. even if it is ranting haha. (i am on like, at least once a day, depends on how much school work. I will definitely read them though :grin:)

6. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks! I live n the county north of Denton, and yes, Denton is a college town, I want to go to their college, UNT eventually, and these links help but I wouldn't be able to get to one of them for at least 7 more months because I don't get my license till I'm 16. But yea, you're right, they are open minded and it is a college town. And yeah, I'm not dressing in a way that expresses myself at all either.

#6 MtnFr3sh, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  7. newgirl31

8. Steelers91

I didn't find anything in Gainesville, which dosen't surprise me I wasn't expecting much from rural texas. If I were you I'd try sending Youth First Texas or Out Youth (Austin) an email, tell them your situation and struggles, this might be wishfull thinking but maybe thay can help you attend some meetings or events, especially if you were willing to volunteer, I'm not sure. At the very least they would have a better understanding of LGBT resources available in your area then either you or I and they might be able to help you via email.