1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Came Out as Gay but then...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bambam07, Feb 18, 2013.

1. bambam07

Okay, so I know this isn't rare, but I came out as gay to pretty much everyone a few years ago. 90% of my friends are all in the same "circle" so it is common knowledge that I like girls. It's actually the thing that is always joked about (we all have one thing, for some it's their name and others it's their race. My friends aren't exactly PC) so I hear a lot about it.

Then it sort of occurred to me that I do really love girls, am sexually and romantically attracted to them, the whole nine yards, but I also occasionally find a guy really attractive. And then I realized it happened more than I could ignore.

I'm not planning on coming out this time around because it'll just confuse people and I don't really need that a few months away from graduation. It's just weird when people go "Oh she doesn't think he's hot, she's a lesbian" and I'm like...:eusa_doh: I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with coming out as one thing, realizing they are something else and not really wanting to/knowing how to explain this to friends. Did you just keep it to yourself? If not, how did people respond? Do you think it's worth it?

2. Priiiide

Well it depends if you just think they are good looking and it spots there or do you have crushes on guys and want to be in a relationship or be with them sexually?

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Well, I have never been in your situation, however it does happen that one can become aware of different attractions and feelings.

If you find yourself attracted to guys more often than not, then maybe try exploring these attractions and feelings. Don't close the door to potentially dating a guy whom you find attractive, and see how it goes. As you get to know somebody, some of your feelings and attractions might be confirmed which will allow you to get some more insights about your sexual orientation. :slight_smile: