1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TeenageCritic, Feb 19, 2013.

1. TeenageCritic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I am only thirteen but I know I am homosexual. It started when I was twelve. I was never interested in females though I was slightly curious of males due to my older brother being positively gay and out of the closet. I began experimenting with an actual boyfriend who was my best friend though we were twelve(me) and thirteen(my boyfriend) so it was more of just a couple month fling. It's when I found out I was incredible turned on by other males and I knew I could never like a female in my life.

My older brother who half way between seventeen and eighteen has knew his sexuality since he was in primary school(around grade 5) and he sort of influenced me to realize my sexual identity. Though, there is a problem. He came out to our parents when he was about fifteenth in a half though our parents didn't take it very well and they still don't. They hate the fact he's gay and I'm really scared to come out to my parents because they're always leering down my back and asking me about girls. They want me to be straight and get married to a female. I'm really frightened if I come out to them, they'll blame my older brother for being a bad influence or get in a fight about it. They'll be angry at me and I don't know how to tell them.

2. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC.
    Your parents may be angry but you are who you are. That won't change. You could put off telling them but sooner or later you will be in a position where you have too. Your brother is your support group. he is there and will get you through this. Of course it is hard as your mom and dad have expectations for you. You can't live by their expectations though. You have to be you and who you know you are. Talk with your brother and see what advice he can give you about coming out. I wish you the best in doing so. Hugs

3. kylo

I agree with what Kay ^ said. If your parents still aren't as accepting of your brother then odds are the same will happen when you tell them. I'm from Mississippi too I lived down there for 16 years until my parents got divorced so I know first hand just how homophobic a lot of the people are there. I'm still apprehensive about going down to visit each time I go because all my family does is talk about me having a girlfriend or when am I going to get one, get married, give them grandchildren, etc. Luckily though you have your brother who has known for a long time that he was gay so he can relate to you and what you are going through.I would sit him down and explain everything to him and then go from there. Best of luck to you!

4. TeenageCritic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not from Mississippi, I actually recently moved here so I'm not sure how the people react to homosexuality but if it's like you're saying. I guess I should keep my sexuality to myself.

I really hate to hang onto my brother like a life-line and he's not very good at giving advice sadly.

5. kylo

Ohhhh. Well it was pretty bad when I lived there and I know when I go back it's still like that for the most part. Heck a lot of racism even still goes on down there. Homophobia is slowly going to fade away with most of the younger generation being accepting of it, but I'm sure it will always exist to some degree. Does your brother have his own place now? So in the case you did tell your parents and they kicked you out you could stay with him? I"m not trying to scare you more than you already are I just think it's a really good idea to try and have a back up plan ya know?

6. TeenageCritic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I live about ten minutes from the really bad part of Mississippi but the school I go to is okay. No one is too out of line. I'm told this state is suppose to be known for their manners -.-

My brother lives with us and is heading off to collage this autumn though I'm not positive if he's going to be in a dorm or living at home. I'm pretty sure if he decided to move out, our parents wouldn't pay for his collage education.

7. kylo

Manners? Haha well it is taught to a lot of the kids growing up there to say yes mam, no sir, open the doors for the elderly, etc. It's known as the hospitality state though which depending on where you are in the state you will still find that to be true.

If your brother wouldn't have his own place and they won't pay for his education if he moves out then I'd just recommend not telling your parents for now. I think that is the safest bet sadly.