1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have finally came out to myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dublin Boy, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have finally came out to myself after years of turmoil & it feels strange, I feel a kind of calmness about myself, still being in the closet & not having anyone to talk to about it, I find myself saying to myself I AM GAY, not in a trying to convince myself sort of way, but a I want to scream it from the roof tops kind of way, if that makes any kind of sense :soapbox: I don't know what the next step would be, telling my parents & my family is i'm afraid a long way off if ever, being on this site has really helped me a great deal, being able to express my inner thoughts & to allow my Gay feelings to surface is such a relief :sunglasses: what did everyone else do when they reached this stage? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. TheSeeker

I got wasted, but that was just me. It takes people a long time to reach this stage, but others it takes no time at all. But it is said to be the hardest point. No matter how fast you decide to come out, this milestone is HUGE. You know the truth about who you are now. How exciting!!

Congratulations!

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Two thumbs way up!

4. Rhaegar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats!!!! I just came out to myself about a month ago after 10+ years of confusion and depression. I felt so much better, almost euphoric. And, like TheSeeker, I also got wasted and had my own personal celebration. I'd say don't worry about the next steps just yet. Take time to enjoy this awesome achievement!

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats Dublin Boy!

I achieved this very same state of bliss since February 12th, it's a defining moment, one you'll remember forever!

I'm thrilled that what I have experienced is also happening to you! Yes, shout it out loud:

I AM GAY!

:thewave:

6. Naomilly92

Congratulations, this is the hardest step of the process. Here are so many opportunities you could take advantage of now

7. PeteNJ

Great!! You're on a personal journey, this is an important and BIG step for you to be at peace with yourself and move forward in life.

Oh, and you've come out to all of us, too.

Congrats!:thumbsup:

8. RainbowMan

Congrats! Mine came more slowly, with an awareness (but not admitting it) for about 15 years, and finally, in early December of last year, deciding that it was time to stop living a lie, and find someone to be happy with.

As for the first part, it's going well. As for the second....I wish :grin:

9. DeanIsHome

Congrats (!) When I came out to myself and accepted it I was just so calm, I didn't think about it until i started considering to tell other people.

10. Ticklish Fish

congratulations! :grin:

11. BornInTexas

I had a silent victory at that stage. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I hope to hear more good things from you. :grin:

12. Rena

Rena Guest

Well done, im still coming to terms with myself, being addicted to video games is a good distraction however haha

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you everyone, it does feel kind of liberating, where I work we have our own personal record on our computer & one of the questions asks about your sexual orientation, it's gone from straight to bisexual, my next big step is to change it today to Gay, where it is now going to stop forever, now coming out to my computer will be the easy part :slight_smile: it's the humans in my life that will be the challenge, I need to plan my next step :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: Once again Thank you everyone (&&&)

14. shovelman

Congrats man! Finding out this about yourself is great but don't feel like you have to rush in your coming out, that is if you want to come out.

15. Holmes

Best of luck with the next steps, and living the rest of your life more true to yourself!

By the way, I see you're living in the United Kingdom, but are you Irish? Asking because of your username.

16. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My family are from Ireland & I have dual nationality & hold a Irish Passport :slight_smile:

17. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I finally did it today, I changed my orientation on my personal profile at work to Gay, small steps & that (!)

18. Kyubi

Congrats!! I had the best feeling ever!! I can confirm the calmness hahaha!

19. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Dublin Boy

Congratulation on taking this most difficult and important step coming out to yourself in your journey to be a more complete and authentic human being.

I am 53 year old guy married for 25 years and only recently discovered & accepted that I am gay so I fully understand the torment you must have gone through in arriving at this point.

Last year, after 8 sessions of counselling for PTSD, I did eventually come out to my therapist right at the end of my session, after a long pause I told him “I think I’m gay”.

On the way home after the session I did feel like a huge weight had been lifted and I now want to go round everywhere shouting I’m Gay .. but not yet to my wife.

Good luck for the future

Sale Gay Guy

20. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you SaleGayGuy :slight_smile: