1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like this guy but I don't know if he's gay...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pedrokus, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Pedrokus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need some advice, guys. I'm in love with this guy, but I'm not sure if he's gay, I have some clues and things but I usually interpret things like I want them to be, so I will tell you here something that happen today and I want your opinion, I want to know if you think that he's gay and what should I do.

So.... Today he came to my place and we watched a movie, we have a big couch in the living room, but he sitted close to me, really close. When I told him to make himself comfortable he put his leg above mine, touching my leg, I liked it, while he did this he raised his eyebrows in this... weird way... kind of "sexy way". I didn't tell him to take it out, but after half a minute he did.
    He was wearing a pink shirt, after some minutes I asked him about the shirt, joking, and he told me that he really liked pink while he raised his eyebrows in this weird way. I asked him what did this eyebrows raising meaned, and he asked me "What... do you want me to tell you I'm gay?" I asked back "Are you?" He answered "I don't know... You tell me"
    I got nervous and didn't know what to say... I thought of asking him "What if I'm gay?" but I was nervous and my parents got home... :frowning2:
    Soooo... What do you think, guys? Do you think he is gay? What should I do next? I'll try to invite him to watch a movie again tomorrow. What should I try?
    I really need your advice, guys. Thanks!

2. DeanIsHome

Well is he someone to go out blabbing? if he isn't I'd ask him again and if he says the same thing I'd continue asking the "What if I'm gay" and see what he say's, if he's not a blabber mouth, homophobic kind of guy, then the worse he could say is "no"

#2 DeanIsHome, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  3. BornInTexas

Do as Dean said. He sounds sort of friendly.

4. Pedrokus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for your advice, guys. But I would like more advice and more opinions, as much as posible.
    Thanks.

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He sounds gay to me. If he wasn't gay, he would have instantly denied it, as straight people at your age (I'm assuming you're a high school student) tend to have the need to constantly affirm their straightness. Also, again, at your age most straight guys will not touch each other beyond friendly pats on the back/play fighting. I don't see how else touching someone's leg with your leg could be interpreted, so I'd say at the very least he's got to be questioning.

I would say if you know him well, and he seems like a kind person (not a gossipy/mean/manipulative person), I would tell him you're gay. However, if you've only just met him, I'd give it some time, get to know him first. One thing to watch out for is the "questioning straight guy". A lot of guys at your age who are questioning their sexuality tend to be just questioning the sexual part. They probably aren't looking for actual relationships, but rather a way to explore their sexual urges. He might be one of the few who's willing to experiment with romantics at this point, but most people only feel comfortable with romantic bonding once they've resolved their sexuality.

#5 4AllEternity, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  6. ChandlerCurious

Definitely sounds to me like he is trying to get you to take it to the next level.

7. stumble along

it sounds like he was waiting on you initiate something, playing games. id suggest you play along but if you get frustrated then just come out with it.

8. Pedrokus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a facebook conversation with him, he said he wants us to do this again. We are meeting next week... What should I do or try this time?

9. LiquidSwords

He was clearly flirting with you last time he came round. When he put his leg on top of yours he was probably looking for you to respond in some way. Just something subtle like shift your body weight towards him or just smile at him to let him know you like his leg being on yours. He took his leg off because he didn't know whether you wanted his leg to be on top of yours or not, if you like it then make sure he knows somehow.

It definitely sounds like he's interested in you. If he tries something like this again then make sure you respond positively and things will move forward which I assume is what you want.

10. Perrydaplatypus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sounds to me like he is gay. I would do what liquid swords said.
    If he makes a move, make one back, maybe put your arm on him or something, or just smile! See what he does when you move it up a notch! Yolo hahaha

11. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Pedrokus. Seems like a good response would be to put your hand on his leg and turn and look at him with a cute smile like this :icon_wink Maybe rub his leg or gently massage it some. Sounds like a nice way to hang out while watching a movie. Maybe you won't be watching the movie before long, but take it easy and watch out for your parents coming home if you're not out to them. I hope all goes well and good luck :thumbsup:

12. Pat

Pat

My initial thought was.. "what are we, in high school" And I can see that that's exactly the case lol. I don't know if you should get to caught up with your sexual identity at 15. Do what feels natural and flowing. A lot of times it can feel like a witch hunt to ask a guy if he's gay or not. Just be WITH him. And do whatever comes natural. Remember, people only think you're weird when you're lacking confidence/unsure of yourself. You two should just be open minded and let it go where it takes you and with time the relationship will enter twine itself. I do think that he's at least affection toward you, that's a pretty big indicator. I messed around with a lot of guys at 15 and none of them reciprocated a feeling or contact with me really. So again, don't let sexual identity define your relationship with him. Just continue to let things flow as they will. No labels.

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2013 at 03:52 PM ----------

PS. I'm not telling you to have sex. That's your own decision lol. But if it means that you cuddle with your friend and you guys are closer than what people would consider "normal" than so be it. Chances are if he's willing to get that close to you that he's more than curious about the possibility of being gay.

13. Pedrokus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, guys.

14. 7Marri7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would say watch him, hang out with him, and then ask if he is gay as a friendly "get to know you" question.

15. josh9623

Sounds to me he's gay, likes you, and is thinking similar to how you are and doesn't really want to out himself without being confident that you will accept it. His comments seem like he's baiting you to come out first so that he feels more comfortable coming out himself