1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very hard to keep secrets

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SamAlex728, Mar 12, 2008.

1. SamAlex728

i was changing my avatar to a gay gender symbol and forgot to delete it off my parents computer and my dad got suspicious of the excuse i gave him of why i got on the computer.

getting very hard to keep him from knowing

2. justjoshoh

Is there any reason to keep it a secret? I'm assuming eventually you're going to have to explain why your roommate of 15 years sleeps in the same bed as you, when your parents come to visit. Sure that is a good 20-some years down the road, but if you don't have a reason to keep it a secret now, why even bother?

3. Tim

Tim

How was he reacting? Was it more of OMG and freaking out? Or was it more calm?

If it was the latter, I have the strange feeling he'll be ok with it, it tells me he really just wants to know more about you. Chances are if he was calm, he may have been trying to tell you he wants you to know you can talk to him about anything.

4. SamAlex728

he didnt see it because i deleted it but was suspicious of my excuse as to why i wanted on.
    i saved it in documents and wanted to delete it before he opened it