1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...There's this guy I like. How do I talk to him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aptiva, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I haven't met him yet. He's in my design studies class, which I have every day. Now, here's the thing:

He's very handsome. I kind of suspect that he may be gay but I shouldn't jump to conclusions. This is why I suspect me might be gay (Probably isn't enough).

He hangs out with this other kid who I'm pretty sure is gay. I overheard that kid commenting on what the teacher said about this iPhone game, if I heard correctly, he said "Us gay kids don't play that". He also seems to look 'moderately stereotypical'. But I have no interest in him, obviously. I'll have to get to know the guy I like to know if I've got any chances, or to know if he's already taken. :frowning2:

This guy that I like seems to look at me frequently, except when he's using the AutoCAD software. I think he really gets into it. So do I and I often don't pay attention to my surroundings. Anyways, if I catch him looking at me, he quickly looks away. Same thing when he catches me looking at him.

Sometimes I see him in the hallways. I don't know how to describe this, but he talks to his friends as if he were paying some attention to me? Or so that I could hear him? I remember sitting by the door to a room that I hang out at at lunch time. I saw him walking with his friends. If I recall correctly, he glanced at me, turned around to walk backwards and talk to his friends who were behind him.

In design studies, we sit at separate tables. I usually sit alone. If I don't sit alone, I sit with one other person. Not only that, I don't have any friends in this class. Usually, if he's on one of the school computers, I'm often at my table, which is somewhat far from the computers. When I'm at the table, I have no reason to be on the computers at school, especially since I bring my laptop which is more powerful than any computer in the school lol :grin:

If I do use a school computer, I usually just go where no one else is.

My teacher made me sit at his table once, right beside him! My stomach filled with butterflies! None of the group talked to me though since it was brief and I only sat there while the teacher was talking to us.

All this could be just me.

But, do you have any tips on how I can talk to him for the first time? I'm extremely shy and I have a tough time trying to meet other people. :dry:

#1 Aptiva, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As much as being shy sucks the best advice is to say hello, casual his and how are you with short conversation in class and work up from there.

3. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You share a class with him so it gives you an easy in to talk to him. Ask about an assignment or something. Doesn't matter if you understand it or not, its just to initiate conversation.

4. The username

^Agreed.

The best way I have found to initiate conversation to classmates is by bringing up assignments.

5. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know what, I'm just not even going to bother. He will probably turn out straight because I normally think that someone I like likes me back when they really most likely don't.

Do you think it's even possible to find a boyfriend in high school? In all honesty I don't really think it is. Should I give up? I'm tired of waiting because of this burning loneliness (and raging hormones) and the fact that nothing is happening yet.

6. josh9623

don't give up, you'll never know if you do