1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight crushes suck...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Monty93, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Monty93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I realize that the title of the post implies I mean it sucks when a guy crushes on a girl, but that's not what I mean. What I mean to say is that it sucks when I start crushing on a guy who I'm more apt to believe is straight :dry:

I met him in my World Literature class last semester, but it wasn't until this semester that we've had anything close to a conversation. Now I can't stop thinking of him. He's incredibly cute and I always find myself going through his checkout line at Walmart, just so I get to talk to him (dorky, I know). I recently added him on Facebook, and we've had some small chit chat there as well.

The problem is that his profile is completely decked out in religious pictures and biblical quotations. I'm not saying gay guys can't be religious, I'm just saying it's very uncommon in my area, especially to broadcast it so fiercely.

I couldn't help to notice, however, that he is big on using emojis. I invited him to hang out with me and a bunch of my friends once, and he said he already had plans made (I offered on short notice) and that he wasn't getting off work until 10 anyway, but that if he could have, he would love to hang out, and he included a winking emoji. I know it isn't much, but every straight guy I know usually doesn't use the winking emoji, especially towards another guy and in that context.

And it wasn't the only time. Almost every other message he sent me had either a wink emoji or a "tongue-face" emoji. I just wish it was easier to tell if guys were straight or gay. I'm really into masculine straight guys, but it's so hard to spot them IRL, because they don't really show any definite signs of being gay.

Rant over. :grin:

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2013 at 03:00 PM ----------

Oops! I meant I'm really into masculine gay guys...lol.:eusa_doh:

2. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the feeling... :frowning2:

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here, there's a guy at work who is really hot, when I look up from my desk our eyes meet & I put my head back down & think omg he has just caught me looking at him & then I think, hang on a minute, he must have been looking at me for him to a caught me looking :slight_smile: he has just got engaged to a girl, but I am sure he is not 100% straight or am I just hoping :shrug:

4. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Theres a guy in one of my classes, who is also in my study group so we see each other very often, who is so handsome and charming and funny and nice, but very distracting lol. The other day I was watching him chew his pen and then he turned around and saw me staring at him, you know, drool hanging out of my mouth lol, and winked at me, so I think he knows I like him... He knows im gay, and sometimes he'll joke with me asking me if i think this guy is hot, or if id go out with that guy. but he himself is very straight, ive met his equally beautiful and charming girlfriend before, and the way they were talking and showing affection, it looks like their relationship is just fine.

But hey, a little classroom daydreaming never hurt anyone lol.

5. some nights

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Exactly :wink:

I have the same problem with one particular person. I know they are (most likely) straight but they give off some incredibly interesting signs sometimes... :bang:

6. Monty93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The danger comes in when I start reading way too much into the little, insignificant signs because of what I'm hoping will happen, rather than thinking about how the real world actually works :dry:

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Yup i'm like that too sometimes, so I can totally relate it sucks :frowning2:

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to having same-sex attraction. :frowning2: