1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice on coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jk80, Feb 20, 2013.

1. jk80

Hey. I am a 23 year old woman and have always questioned my sexuality from a young age. In the last few months I have been starting to realise a few more things about myself which is now making me feel likeI just wanna be free and open with it. I am currently in a relationship with a man and I am attracted to him but I am also attracted to women I don't want to even label myself if I do come out but just to have some clarity would be nice and stop denying these thoughts and feelings, I would appreciate any feedback and advice. Thanks PEACE

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should come out to him first, but only if you're truly ready. My kids father stated to me that he only wanted to be with women who liked men only. And this was after 2 kids; I had already had a son from a previous relationship. I think it's important to be honest and open in your relationship, so go for it :slight_smile:

3. newgirl31

It took me some time to realize what level of attraction I had to men and women. Lots of people talk about how finding a girl attractive doesn't necessarily mean you would want to do anything with them physically or have an emotional and sexual relationship.

It's hard though for me because there was so much denial at work. For years I said I could see how women were attractive but wouldn't want to make out with one let alone have sex. Then gradually I could see how I not only was feeling a deep desire to have physical relationship with a girl, but a romantic one as well. And for me this feels natural and "pure" in a way I don't think I have experienced in my relationships with men. That is what leads me to identify as gay. But getting over my own homophobic notions was hard...and unexpected! For me avoiding labels was important at first too.

#3 newgirl31, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. newgirl31

Bump. I feel bad no one is posting. Anyone been in this situation?

5. Kay

Kay Guest

Hey you. First off welcome to EC. I would suggest that you come to terms with self. Labels in a way help us to deal with what goes on in our heads. If we truly identify who we are it leads us towards acceptance. Accepting self is the best thing and I mean fully knowing what makes us tick. I am a lesbian. Wow that says a lot to me. If you say hey I am bisexual That means a lot. It does identify you and clears the path to becoming whole. You are in a relationship with a guy. You say you are attracted to him. Are you attracted to a lot of guys or just him? You say you are attracted to women as well. Are you drawn to women more than men? These things help you with self identity which is what you need. Before we can really come out we need to understand our own inner workings. Newgirl31 has good things to say as well. Hugs and so much love angel.

6. newgirl31

Questioning without letting myself really explore made me more and more insecure. So I get what Kay is saying..it's like until I figured out what I was I couldn't work on the acceptance that leads to security and confidence. And exploration doesn't have to be physical.

7. jk80

I am only attracted to him but less and less in different ways and we have been together for 5 years. I feel more comfortable around men I know and trust but very uncomfortable and unsafe with men I don't know (but that stems from other issues) probably maybe because sometimes if I meet a woman I will personally find them attractive (like EVERYONE does at time to time) because were only human but still it happens if I see an attractive man. Lately I am finding myself more physically attracted to women when before it was more of a emotional attraction. Very confusing even tough I am struggling a bit with all this I try and think of the positives which are I am slowly discovering who I am.

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:14 AM ----------

You peeps are awesome, jus havin people to talk about this to people who have either been through this part already or going through this too cause I know who I am I just need time and as much help and support as I can get at the moment, I have already come out to myself oh and my psych cause I had to physically say it to someone I trust lol