1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next step... It's all so new and exciting and scary!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by J9ah, Feb 21, 2013.

1. J9ah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Major step today, I told a close female friend about my bisexuality. She was genuinely surprised but great in every way, we hung out for 6hrs and just talked till we were both blue in the face. She doesn't think I should shout it out from the rooftops just yet, since all of my past sexual experiences have been Heterosexual and a I am currently attracted to just this one man (my best friend). I do think I need to have the conversation with him though, Im going to do it tommorow, it's going to be hard but I'm so ready in every way possible! I know I may chicken out right at the end, so guys spur me on, how can I stop fear freezing me? Furthermore do you think my friend has a point, should I wait, and what exactly would I be waiting for?

#1 J9ah, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Niko

I think you should spend a little time to rehearse something in your head before you do it. Then if it sounds right to you, take a few deep breaths and go from there.
    When I came out to my best friend I just told myself it was now or never, took a deep breath and pulled her to the side.
    Now to answer your question as to if you should wait, well in a way that's sort of up to you. You know how you feel, no one else does. Asides it's just a label, you like who you like, and there's nothing wrong with that. :slight_smile:

3. J9ah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you... It seems the closer I get the more difficult it becomes, but I keep telling myself I cannot control how others feel, only how I feel. This has the possibility to change my friendship/s for better or worse but regardless I feel it is something I need to do. Yes I know it is a label but I am increasingly realising that it is a label that is part of me, an important part, it is part of the fabric of my sense of self and though it can be gut wrenching to admit, it is who I am. As for today, yes I have decided I have to go ahead and tell him. I have no guaranteees how it will all turn out but I know I've turned out fine and I know I will be fine and that's just going to have to be enough for me!