1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CaptainCraft, Feb 21, 2013.

1. CaptainCraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone! Ive been looking on EC for a while and its a great site so i finally decided to join!!! I am looking for some advice about a guy i have a crush on. We have been texting and we both have suggested on numerous times we fancy each other. So yesterday he asked me to be his date to a ball thing in a nightclub.
    So heres my conflict. I really want to be his date but 1) I dont really like nightclubs at all. I dont like the idea of them and ive never go to them. This is ok with me cause my friends dont like them either. I prefer to go to a quiet bar or something and have a good conversation with someone, or stay at home with friends and have a few drinks there. Thats one reason. Reason 2) Im not out yet. And if i go with him there will be people there i know and if they see me with him thats it, cats out of the bag. I dont want people to find out like that. I want to be the one to tell them. Ive told him about not being out and how it would make me uncomfortable and he said it was cool he understands. But then i told him that instead we should go on a date just him and me and he agreed. But i cant help wondering maybe i should just bite the bullet and go with him cause I really like him and im sure he likes me too. I feel bad for not going but its ok in another way cause he agreed we should go on a date.
    I dunno :confused: Am i overthinking this? Am i being insecure? I dont want him to feel like im not interested :bang:
    Any thoughts? Thanks

2. aspiecarer

Hi and Welcome to EC.
    It seems to me that you don't really have a problem here.You say both you and the other guy don't like 'gay' pubs but you like 'normal ' ones.
    So, why not go for a drink in a 'normal' pub/restaurant/coffee bar etc....
    That way you are on neutral ground, have a chat /good time and if you get on with each other, you can still move on to a gay place...
    So, a win,win situation...
    And about feeling insecure.That's quite common on a first date, don't worry about it,just be yourself.

3. CaptainCraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply! Ya, I think i am just being anxious and a bit worried cause its a first date. But i suppose thats to be expected. (Btw its me and my friends who dont really like clubs not him!!) Thanks for the advice :icon_bigg

4. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he likes you, he couldn't give a shit where your date is. The fact that he asked you out can only mean that he does like you, therefore, I'd say there's no reason to be worried.