1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

she's staying.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Feb 21, 2013.

1. MerBear

okay so i wanted to make a thread on this...because i'm happy and you people have helped me with a lot and i thank you so much for that.

so for those who knows the story of scarlett...which is not a lot of people...but anyways i originally decided to finally let her go....but emailed her 2 days ago because i found out something (i cant go into details , its too complicated)

and she emailed saying sorry and that she knew she had a problem and thanked me.

so we emailed back and forth some and she finally said

Before , I let her go....she went back and forth with me saying i needed to move on and that she still had feelings for me and it became really confusing for us both and so i finally i gave up and left.

I would check her yahoo answers profile....and she didn't get on as much...she would check in but not answer any questions...like she would when we would tall

and if your wondering why im bringing that up , its because that's where we originally met.
    she emailed me one day (may 13th to be exact haha) and asked if she could help me with my sexuality because i had been posting questions and she saw them and emailed me asking if she could help.

she said....all she originally wanted to do was help me but we got tangled into this big twisted love story somehow.

but anyways.....after going about 2 months without talking to each other well technically that's the total months we went without talking. ..... crying , tearing ourselves apart trying to move on and fix ourselves....

she decided to finally stay and i was so happy because all i ever wanted was to start over with her and put the past behind us.....it seemed so unrealistic during the time we weren't talking though

anyways

what has happened since she said that? its only been a day...but oh well.

we have been working on things. we are learning how to have better communication with each other because we always had a problem misunderstanding each other.

she's working on her self-esteem and how to not hid her emotions and also being clear about how she feels

i'm working on how to release my anger properly because i use to yell at her all the time and put her down a lot....and it scared her a lot

im also learning to be more patient with her because i usually would always cut her off and be repetitive. i would never really let her talk

we both have one thing that's keeping us from leaving the past behind.

were not going to date and i was disappointing but im too grateful she's back in my life. but maybe we will in the future since she's still trying to let go of that one thing that's holding her back

we've been pretty good. i talked to her till 12 last night and we talked just like we would when we were both in a good mood....when we would actually be at peace with each other.

I might ask her to Skype with me sometime again because last time , she didn't get to see my face hahaha.

i saw her face though and she was pretty nervous ...she was talking fast and all...but so i was I.

i remember we didn't know what to say...and were kind of stuttering the whole time.

i can now say , my life feels completely except for the fact , i have a full bladder right now :dry:

anyways

sorry for the rambling.....im just supper happy and just wanted to share :grin:

we may not date which saddens me a little and it kind of saddens her too but we are both grateful to be able to have each other again

2. Kay

Kay Guest

I am happy for you and do hope this will work out for you. I do urge you to move slower this time and watch your feelings. Be guarded. Hugs and love

3. MerBear

i know , i will

4. Emberblaze

Heh, all I saw was the title of the thread and somehow knew it was you ^^

I'm uber happy (yes, UBER! ^^) for you that you've got her back in your life, even if it IS only as a friend. I pray that the winds blow for the best for the two of you! ^^

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm happy for you as well. Just be careful this time around. I'm friends with someone I love, but I'd rather have her in my life as a friend than nothing at all. Good luck :slight_smile:

6. MerBear

thank you :slight_smile:

7. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After all you said about her not getting back in touch, huh? :wink: Sounds SO much like my situation though...

Just be careful ok.

8. FemCasanova

I can relate a lot to the things you wrote that you have to work on. I also used to have some mood issues, where I`d get angry too fast, yell and shout, be impatient the whole nine yards. It takes time and effort to change habits, how we deal with anger. The first step is recognizing that we need to make a change, and the second is summing up the specifics of what we need to change. You have done both, and I think it sounds like the both of you are doing a great job with working this out. If both are willing to make a change, then your friendship/relationship has a good chance of working eventually.

Google rules for healthy/constructive communication, and you can get tons of tips.

Here`s one page that looked good:

FirstCall - 12 Rules for Constructive Communication

It can work miracles when we communicate properly, and even make our arguments healthy for the relationship! :grin:

Good luck, and I am so happy for you that she has chosen to stay and give your friendship, hopefully soon a relationship again (if I understood the situation right) a second chance :slight_smile:

And remember to be kind to yourself too. We don`t win on chewing ourselves out, any more than we win on chewing our partner out (*hug*)

#8 FemCasanova, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  9. MerBear

thank you! :slight_smile:

i'll be on guard but i couldnt be any happier she stayed

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:48 AM ----------

i will.

thank you guys