1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post first date advice needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DaOreoKid86, Feb 21, 2013.

1. DaOreoKid86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, let me start by saying I have only become a gay lad 10 months ago after a chance meeting in a pub in London. Got chatted up by a lad and haven't gone back since. We ended just before Christmas amicably. Have dated a few guys since but no spark. This is until Tuesday! (I'm 25, date was 24)

So I'm a straight acting laddy chap, and I'm really attracted to the same and find it rather difficult. I've been using a phone app called ******(I'm sure you've heard of it) and saw a guy on there while working in my office in central London. Anyway, he had banter, looked straight acting, we talked on and off for a few weeks. Then got his number, conversed a bit more, had a few talks on the phone. Seemed awesome

Anyway, sorry for digressing here! Trying to fill you all in. So agreed for him to come round after work for the football. We watched the game, he brought loads of beers, I bought Thai. He liked showing me pics of himself and talking about himself a lot but it was cute, he was just himself. Anyway, popped out for a few more after, he met my housemates, more beer. We got more beer, went back to mine, started watching tv and he layed his head on my lap. Led to cuddles and kisses all night. I wasnt sure if he was just drunk but he texted me the next day and said thanks for food and cuddles. We arranged to meet on Thursday(today) and he texted this morning to say he got a reminder on his phone about mates leaving do and had to cancel. we texted and bantered a bit more and that was it.

This is where I struggle as I'm new to the gay thing. Do you think I am being fobbed off or do you think that's just he had other plans? Are there any tips on keeping him keen or not sounding like I like him too much?

OR - am I severely reading in to this too much? Any advice on any of this would be great. I'm just a normal lad and really struggling to understand here.

Thanks, Matt

2. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're definitely reading into this too much!

Everything from him has been really positive: he was the one who took the initiative and phoned you to thank you for the previous night. You both got on really well and cuddled.

The only thing that's worrying you is that he cancelled with a reasonable explanation? Give him a chance.

I bet he'll be the one to contact you next about meeting up. And if he doesn't, it's probably for the same reason that you're not contacting him — neither of you wants to seem too keen. (Often, when this happens it's like an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object ... someone has to decided they're going to make the next move.)

Just wait it out a bit. If he cancels the next one, you then have reason to be quite suspicious.