1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and hoping for some advise

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Moments past, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Moments past

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The entire reason I joined this site was to try and help me figure out my exactly my 'interest' is. Due to a complete FUBAR childhood (I don't feel like going into details, they don't matter all that does is the results) I have badly damaged lungs so i cannot do sports, I'm very anti-social so I don't have many friends (which honestly, doesn't bother me one bit I do not like people very much) and, well this part isn't really related to the messed up childhood but I'm almost 17 and have never had a date, been in a relation-ship, and hell I haven't even kissed anyone. Oddly enough that last part doesn't really bother me. But that's not really the point, just a bit of background info really.

The point is I honestly don't know my, well 'interest'. when it comes to other guys, well I have no problem with the more physical part, (in fact I know that I enjoy it very much :icon_redf) but have never met a guy I have any real interest in beyond sex. On the other hand when it comes to women I've met only one girl I actually had any interest in, but it had absolutely nothing to do with sex, sure i thought she was attractive and I'm more then sure I loved her, but when i looked at her it was never in a sexual way; to be honest i don't enjoy the thought of physically being with a women near as much i do the thought of being with a male. Sex really isn't a big deal to me, if i get in a relationship i want to truly want to love that person, not what their body has to offer.

I'm not expecting anyone to come out and say "well it's quite clear you're gay/straight." I've just never had the chance to ask anyone with a little more, lets say experience on this subject to see what they think. I in no way plan on living my life a certain way because of the opinion of someone else either, I just want an out-side input.

also I'm very sorry if this in anyway bothered anyone for whatever reason, and sorry if it seems poorly written or lacking of information. I'm normally a keep-to-myself kind of person and this sort of thing is rather embargoing for me to talk about, sorry.

2. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Figure out your sexuality is hard and takes time a lot of thinking about what your want and desire. Don't stress yourself over it though. From what you have described it sounds like you are probably a biromantic homosexual. Which is somebody who is intrested in having sex with the same sex, but can be romantically intimate with boys and girls.
    I hope this helped :slight_smile:. Welcome to EC.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm...it's hard to say whether you're gay, bisexual or straight. You're the only one who can label yourself and sometimes, labels are not for everyone. You're still young, so I think you should take this time to explore your feelings. Whatever you do, do not deny how your feelings. By the way, welcome to EC!! :slight_smile:

4. Olls91

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd likely say gay , but it's for you to choose. As for loving a guy beyond sex, I think you just haven't met that guy or allowed yourself to feel for him. Girls make lovely friends and can be easier to relate to more than other guys so you can feel emotionally attached to them. As I say however it is likely that you are gay if you enjoy men sexually and not so much women. It can take time to accept but in time you will and you'll feel a lot better. Hope this helps. X

5. Chrissouth53

You're not even 17. You're too young to be worrying about stuff like this.

I realize that it seems like the most important thing in the world to you right now, but trust me it isn't. You will eventually meet someone where the interest goes beyoud sexual attraction. It may be a guy, it may be a girl. Bit there's no deadline on that. It may happen next week, next month, next year. Believe me when I say that none of us saw it coming when it happened to us... it just happened.

So just relax a bit. Don't worry about finding someone right now. Don't worry about how you should label yourself. It all works out on its own.