1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ForgottenRose, Feb 22, 2013.

1. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, my (sorta) ex-crush, has been having kinda a rough week. Like me and my friend have noticed he has been acting way out of character. And me and her also think he could possibly be gay, just not ready to come out.

He knows I like him and that I'm gay. And he's cool with it. So I was thinking of just sending him a quick message via Facebook that if he needed someone to just talk or vent to, that I was there for him. If you want more details about his odd behavior, just ask. :slight_smile:

So should I tell him that I am here for him to talk to?

2. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that's a great idea. Just make sure you keep from overextending yourself onto him. Just let him know that you're a welcoming outlet if he needs one.

3. Skhal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there,

As tempted as I am to just say DO IT NOW! I feel like I should first ask what exactly has he been saying/doing that would lead you to believe he is gay?

Basically what I am saying is that I think you should offer to help as any good friend should do, just make sure that you don't press him too hard. I know how easy it is to instantly be filled with hope in a situation like this so just... Try to keep cool, ya know? Lol

4. RainbowMan

I would gently offer support - i.e. "if you need to talk about anything at all, I'm here" - but whatever you do, don't mention that you think he's gay.

And like Skhal said, don't get your hopes up - easy to do in such a situation.

5. lolgaby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, that seems like
    a good idea. ^_^

6. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I mostly gave up for him to be gay, A LONG time ago(last month).

Beforehand I must tell all of you that there was a party last weekend, and it got pretty crazy. Basically all the guys were licking icing off the girls, but he like refused to participate. There was even girls licking girls, so its not like it wasn’t weird anyways. They were also wasted, or at least part way there. Then at some point all the girls sat down on all the girls laps, and EVERY guy got hard, except him.

Earlier texting session with my bestie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Me:I must admit he has been acting kinda weird lately..

Friend:Yeah he has. I told M the day before the party that I thought (insert ex-crush name here) was gay just because the way he is. Then at the party when he said he wasn't hard, me and M started laughing. And he obviously knew why we were laughing so he got really mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: He's been acting REALLY off his usual game.
    In 6th hour he was all not happy. Me and C asked why he was sad, but he said he wasn't. But if you saw his face, you would know he was sad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: Yeah... Yesterday he was in my group thingy for Math, and he was acting super odd. Like he said he was over with us for the smart people, but I was the only smart one. And he could have gone and sat by Tyler and Kaleb

And then I forget why but like he did something and C said he was weird and he didn't say anything. But when I agreed he looked up straight at me and asked if he really was. I said yes, totally joking. But his face looked kinda hurt, but then he like shook it off?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is all I got.

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2013 at 09:53 PM ----------

And, I would like to tell him before the day ends. Forgot to add that.

Sorry, for double- posting.

#6 ForgottenRose, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  7. SilentSinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    After reading all that, I do think you should at least, reach out to him.
    There is the chance that he might be gay,but you have to ask him to be sure.

8. TheAMan

I would definitely let him know that you can be a shoulder to lean on if he ever needs someone. He may not respond right away, but if he's in the closet, it's a strong bet he will down the road.

9. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think I am gonna do it...
    But like tomorrow. I am like super tired right now. My wonderful plan has been delayed. Oh wells...

10. SilentSinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hope it all goes well! :slight_smile:

11. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, it all went well.
    His response was 'Thanks bro.'
    Obviously he doesn't get how hard it is to say stuff like that.. For me anyways...