1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mouse123, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Mouse123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am 47. I a married (for 23 years) and we have an 18 year old son. I came out to my wife to be when I was about 20. She talked me through that she could accept things as I was.. The next next day she carried on as normal as though nothing had happened.

Now here I am years later. We have talked about it over the years and more recently she seemed to accept things even more - we split up about 10 years ago for a short while but got back together (with promises of satisfying me sexually with toys). Anyway, that became a reality around 6 months ago.

My son is now 18 and spend most of his time away form the home. My feelings are exploding in my head again to be honest and I don't know what to do.. I do love this woman but I know in myself I will never be happy until I do something. The strap on was great for a while but now I just feel that a. She doesn't really like that and b ( and a big B) it's not enough for me.

Indeed to talk openly with someone.

2. forgetregret8

I'm a lot younger but I feel like I can give you advice despite that fact that I might not be as wise!
    I have come to the conclusion thus far that I need to do what will make me happy, not anyone else. That is the only way to profit in life otherwise! I think you can still be friends with your wife but in order for YOU to be your happiest, you need to find someone else. She sounds extremely accepting, but I don't think I could ever be happy knowing that the person I was in a relationship with and I weren't our happiest together. I am sure you'll find someone! I'm sure she will be able to find someone as well! I am close to the age of your son and I know that if my parents were in this kind of situation I would want them to do whatever they can to be happy. If the way to do this is for them to find other people, I will endure and so will your son!
    I hope this was okay. I'm not sure if I worded it the best, but I honestly don't think you can go on with someone that you do not physically love. Physical love is important, and it makes emotional love even stronger!

3. Mouse123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She has been extremely accepting - every now and again thru the years my feelings have come out. And we have talked them through - I think this lead to the sex bit on her part. I just feel now that my son is away a lot that now is the time to try and go for it

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2013 at 07:52 PM ----------

I am so a bit scared though to say the least. Ihaveadream friends, a business, a life in suburbia ! I would walk away tomoworrow to be honest but I would like to tell my sister before I do.

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2013 at 07:58 PM ----------

Ihaveadream was predictive typing!

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2013 at 08:09 PM ----------

I really feel like that I have missed the boat

4. Mouse123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish actually I was born today. I feel trapped to be honest. But now that we are going to be alone a bit moe, maybe I can summon up the courage to turn everything on its head and become who I am

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a quote from none other than Winston Churchill:

"Courage is rightly considered the foremost of the virtues, for upon it, all others depend."

You cannot advance in life without at least some measure of the big C, what will that measure be for you, and how badly do you want to change your life?