1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Im having some girl problems. I recently met this really awesome girl named cora, She has this big crush on me and never stops talking about me to her friends, and she is nice and all but today I got a txt from her asking if i would be her bf. So now im lik, crap now what, I don't want to hurt her feelings but i don't know what to do. Also, there is my friend dana who knows im gay but still continues to "change" me so that we could have something. I have reminded her by like pointing out hot guys and stuff but it usually just goes no wher so yeah im having girl issues and i dont know what to do.

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

State your point and defend it.

With Cora, what you should do is to tell her personally that she is an awesome girl and stuff like that, but that you're not interested in being something else with she. Explain her that you're gay and also explain her that being gay doesn't mean that you can't be friends. She will keep insisting for a while, so defend your point.
    Seems like Dona still doesn't fully understand you being gay, right? It takes time, especially if they're in love or crushed in you. Be spontaneous when you're around them. I dont know if you act girly (you know what I mean, I didn't meant to offend anyone btw) or straight when in public but throwing some small hints always work, like being a little overreactor or as you're doing pointing out hot guys (I do that all the time, but just to myself! :frowning2: )

Do you have a boyfriend? If you do, why not arrange a picnic or a party and eventually make them meet him? If you don't well, go get one! (just joking :wink: ) If you don't, well yeah, go get one! I promise I'll follow my own advice. Note that by saying "get a boyfriend" doesn't means "Go have sex", no no! You know, maybe not a boyfriend but best guy friend who you like a lot and you hang with and you kiss him and stuff? ^^ [Mind I'm not sleeping well so just take seriously the first part of this paragraph]

Just be yourself, be creative. If they ask you, answer "I'm gay" with confidence. And that's it. Love yourself.

3. Tim

Tim

Oddly, A lot of girls try to "change" gay guys and want to hook up with them... this sounds like dana, and although she's probably just messing with you, you should tell her how she feels :/

Do you feel you can trust Cora? If so, sit down with her and just tell her that you're gay, tell her that you do like her as a friend, but you just aren't interested in her romantically, that you aren't interested in any girl romantically, if u don't trust her, just leave out the last part. It may be cliche, but if you don't tell her you're gay, you must tell her that it isn't her, and i mean STRESS it, she needs to understand it isn't her, otherwise, she might feel very depressed.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You'll just have to tell Cora that you're gay. If you just tell her that you aren't interested in her, it could cause her to feel bad about herself, but if you tell her that you are gay, it'll end right there, and the potential for friendship may even grow. As for Dana, you'll just have to keep it up until she believes that you won't change. Try talking about hot male celebrities with her. That helped me drive the point home to girls who didn't believe I was gay.

5. NathanHaleFan

I'd follow Gamer's advice about Cora. If she really likes you then you owe it to her to tell her the truth and tell her that you can still be friends.

6. jroakwood

this has happened to me many times...
    i never did anything brave and straight up to deal with it however.

i usually made friends tell the girls that i'm not interested.
    but ive never sat down and came out or even told them its not them, its me.
    oops.

but whatever works is what youve gotta do, because the worst thing is playing with someones heart when you dont actually mean it.