1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to talk to this guy?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lostlifeguard, Feb 24, 2013.

1. lostlifeguard

Ok, well there's a semi-long back story to this, to bare with me. Thanks.

Ok, so I met this guy my age on another forum a few months ago. He messaged me when we realized we were both applying to the same college, and we started sending messages back and forth on there. Then, he ended up giving me his skype and we video chatted on there for around 2 hours that night. This was before either of us even knew if we had gotten into that college. Then, a little while later, when I got accepted, I messaged him, and it turned out that he got accepted too. After that, we added each other on Facebook, but agreed not to post on each other's walls since we're both in the closet still. The all happened in late December. Now, he's never on his skype, and I really want to talk to him. He's one of the only people who knows that I'm gay, and he was a really cool guy. I'm not even looking to date him or anything, just to talk and be friends.
    It's been almost two months since we last talked, and I'm worried that it would be awkward if I just message him. Anyone have any ideas about how I can start talking to him again?

Thanks, I hope I'm not being weird about this

2. stumble along

you dont sound weird at all, try contacting him from the other forum?

what would seem weird is trying to talk to someone youve only talked to once more than 4 months ago...*sigh*

3. lostlifeguard

I would, except it shows that he hasn't been on since early January, and I'm also not very active on that forum, since I decided that it just wasn't a very good group of people. I feel like it's just a really sucky situation. He's really not into social media or online communication I guess, since he hasn't been on the forum or skype in a long time, although, I do see him signed in on facebook occasionally.

It seems like, unless he changes his online habits, my only way of talking to him would be messaging him on FB, but then I wouldn't know what to say. I think it'd be awkward if I just messaged him and was like "hey, what's up?" since we haven't talked since New Years.

4. Ticklish Fish

maybe it's his senior year and he's hanging out a lot?
    I would wait a few weeks to make sure.

Also, about you two in closet and facebook use, might be okay if you both don't talk about the subject at all, since even facebook knows I am gay from google search ROFL.

just um, talk about school or work. maybe he's busy?!

5. lostlifeguard

I mean, I guess he could be busy sometimes, but I think most of it is just opening up some conversation again. I'm trying to think what I could ask him about school that would open up a conversation again.

6. lostlifeguard

Sorry, anyone else have advice for what to say?

7. stumble along

i really wish i could, i have problems like this as well, the only thing i can suggest is to keep trying and when you guys eventually talk , talk about when would be good times to text and talk so you know for the future?