1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm most likely overthinking but do I sound like a dick here?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunnii, Feb 24, 2013.

1. sunnii

Ok so 2 people I work with/in my social circle are getting married next month and last night was the groom's stag do. Basically I didn't go. Technically I'm closer to the bride and me (and 2 of my other guy friends are meeting up with the hen party next saturday) The groom is a very VERY shy and quiet person so it was nothing. I think it was just 6 of them playing pool. The thing is no one talked about it to me anyway. The only thing I knew was the best man planned a slightly more traditional stag do and my friend told him that it was inappropriate for this occasion and there was some heat. In fact my friends talked to me more about this saturday coming than last night. I partly didnt want to go because I knew I was working a longer shift today than normal (normally I'm an 8-2 but I ended up being an 8-7 today) and I didnt want to be hungover. (My friend who did go only stayed till half 2 today and he frankly did nothing he was just rough lol) It's just awkward. I didn't want to assume I was going because no one had really spoke to me about it.

What also kind of bums me out was that it was the works night out too and they went to that afterwards. And i sat at home like a fanny (tbh i forgot that was on lol) I just want to add that I live a 35 minute drive from where I work and because I knew I was driving to work the next day I didnt drink

2. Bryan90

Well, no point pondering about it now. It really depends on your individual relationship with your friends.

If you feel bad about it, you might consider calling them up and explaining it to them. Based on my personal experience, if I'm truly a close friend of yours, I wouldn't care too much.