1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excited, nervous and final mind preparation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iGay14, Feb 25, 2013.

1. iGay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I think I've been getting more and more ready very recently and I think I'm almost at the time to at least tell my brother or my mum and I'm going to use this Saturday where hopefully of we get them (magic mushrooms that is) to really delve into my mind and resolve any issues find out who I really am and then the week or two after that finally tell my parents I hope it works out!! But I'm sort of worried that they won't impact me coming out as much as I hope cause like I thought when I tried ecstasy it would help me come out to my parents and it had I suppose made me more ready but not to the extent I wanted so I hope this weekend gives me that final push to come out hopefully anyway!

2. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, sorry to burst your bubble here, but I don't think I'm the only one who will think that using drugs to try and get the courage to come out is an absolutely incredibly awful way of going about things. I couldn't think of a worse way.

If ecstasy didn't help, what on earth do you think magic mushrooms are going to do?

You need to man up a bit — sorry to be blunt — and find the courage from inside of you and stop looking for it elsewhere.

In fairness, drugs are normally a bad idea ... no matter what the situation.

Have you thought about writing a letter to your parents? That's a much easier way.

#2 TwoMethod, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. LauraLove

LauraLove Guest

You have to do it sober or you will regret it for the rest of your life. If they cant accept it without being high or drunk then thats not a good sign. I would do it sober and like TwoMethod said you need to man up a bit.

Just do it sober. Or trust me you will always question if they were okay because they actually were or because of the mushrooms..

Goodluck my friend.