1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lilbit55, Feb 25, 2013.

1. lilbit55

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i recently started dating a girl and she isnt as open as i am she doesnt even want to hold my hand in public or post her relationship statues as taken online. i want to be supportive but i dont know what to do i feel like she is ashamed of me

2. Cynder

I think that she probably isn't ashamed of you, she is jus more self conscious of what other people think. Maybe you should try talking to her, or over time, slowly trying to push little things like holding hands n public.

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2013 at 10:26 PM ----------

I think that she probably isn't ashamed of you, she is jus more self conscious of what other people think. Maybe you should try talking to her, or over time, slowly trying to push little things like holding hands in public.

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2013 at 10:26 PM ----------

Oops, sorr for the double post

3. newgirl31

Yeah I do not think she is at all ashamed of you. I am newly coming to terms w my sexuality and I project all the time what it will be like in my first relationships out. I live in a conservative town, country meets uptight suburbs. I would not be ashamed of my gf or our relationship...but at first I might just be scared about negative reactions. I am sure patience and a little time will heal that. And the more I trust the support we give each other I think it will help.

4. lilbit55

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks guys that made me feel alot better :slight_smile: she will hold my hand and stuff sometimes now