1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The question.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kush, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Kush

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm a man. And I have a good friend. Also a man. We hang out all the time, playing video games, eating junk food, etc... I've just recently began to become increasingly more and more bi-curious. Honestly not so much for love, mainly physical attractions. I just want to know general and subtle ways I can ask home if he is bi, or bi-curious. Like ask him if he ever was or something? Any advice will help, :help:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:lease!

2. UndercoverGypsy

I guess "Do you like dick?" always does the trick! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. newgirl31

I am a girl and pretty to new to this but I wonder if there is so more subtle way to bring it up...like talking about someone you know who is gay or bi...and be like "yeah, sometimes I wonder what that would be like?"

But I bet it is hard to be only hinting and not hit a wall if he would be worried he might say the wrong thing and get teased like you were just kidding and he was being serious.

4. Kush

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks newgirl, honestly helps. I'm completely new to this so your advise actually helps. I'm surprised I didn't think of joining this site before. Haha. I was thinking something along the lines of, bringing up a "conversation" (in quotes because I'd have made it up) about a light debate between two made up people or something about bicuriousity. Then somehow stemming it to a light argument they had, and idk, saying at one point I think everyone has had at least 1 bicurious thought in there life, its part of growing up. and seeing how he reacts. Still not sure on the details..

5. newgirl31

Yeah that sounds really good to me! So that way you are sort of safely giving your opinion that it is an okay thing!

6. Kush

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Haha thanks. So I'm new here. Wanna be friends newgirl?

7. Bree

Mentioning with a grin and a joking expression that you wouldn't mind trying it is a good way to be able to back out. You can add something like "People should try everything at least once, right?" Be prepared to laugh it off if they react weird, and above all do NOT GET FLUSTERED. It's a dead giveaway that you really care. If they look at you like you're crazy for mentioning it or otherwise react badly, jokingly suggest that THEY might be insecure about THEIR sexuality. If talking about it makes them uncomfortable, they won't want to pursue that conversation and will change the subject worrying about your perception of THEM, not thinking about YOUR orientation.

8. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    *furiously scribbles down notes*

9. aspiecarer

HI, as others have said I think a safe way is to bring up the topic in an impersonal way like " have you read this article....'.'or seen these pictures'..something that allows the other guy to comment on in a positive way, which you can take forward or in a negative way and then you know not to pursue this further...
    Since you alreadt=y 'hang out' together use one of those occasions, but don't make a big deal out of it..