1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True love....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by questionable, Feb 26, 2013.

1. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How can you actually say that you are inloved to a particular guy/woman..?
    Like what things describes you and that person that you are really inloved with him/her?

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They become your world and you theirs.

3. FemCasanova

Difficult topic.

I actually posted in my blog about this earlier today.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/blogs/femcasanova/6514-thoughts-about-relationships.html

The title should be "Thoughts about relationships and love", I guess.
    :wink:

---------- Post added 26th Feb 2013 at 06:28 AM ----------

One of the definitions of it that I highly disagree with :lol: But people experience love differently, so it is valid for a lot of people. Just not me.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When you love you just know.

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True. There is a noticeably difference once you move past the crushing stage. You tend to relax and become less obsessed with "winning them" and more happy to just spend time together.

I've only really been in love once. I've been attracted to people before, but those feelings faded quickly. However, I fell in love with a guy I met in a class, after getting to know him and realizing how much we share in common. I care about him a great deal, I want him to be happy even if it isn't with me. I know he's not perfect, no one is, and yet that doesn't bother me. I never feel awkward around him, and I trust him more than anyone. I feel that I could tell him anything, and he would listen and take me seriously. And I would return that to him.

For me, the key difference between crushing and loving was that when ever I crushed on someone, there was always that pressure to perform; to be as attractive as possible, hiding things I thought might bother them. With him, I can just be myself. Despite loving him, I don't feel like I have to pretend to be someone I'm not, to the contrary, I completely relax around him.

Unfortunately, he says he's not looking for a relationship, so I've had to accept that things probably won't change. I've begun to move on, though he'll always be special to me. I don't think you ever truly replace a person you love, I suspect each new time you fall in love with someone, it's entirely different. Like if I meet a guy I like, and things actually go somewhere, I don't think I'll stop loving my first love. Nor would I love the new guy any less.