1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out urges?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ConnDonn, Feb 26, 2013.

1. ConnDonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well over the last few weeks, I have been getting urges to come out to people. I don't know why, I've told 3 of my friends, and they accept me but now all of a sudden I want to tell everyone. It's really weird since I haven't wanted to do it before. :help:
    Any advice on it? Should I tell people or not?

2. Clowstar

i would say: just be cautious of who you're coming out to. other than that, good for you! you sound like you're very comfortable with it. if you want to tell people, go for it. it's better for you to feel comfortable around people and tell them yourself instead of them finding out through other sources.

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's how I felt, and I think that's typical of the process. I couldn't wait to find more people to tell once I got started, even after getting some bad reactions (not many compared to the positive).

There is a lot of advice on the details of coming out in other threads (as well as in the previous post), so I won't repeat that here other than to say you should be prepared for some not-so-positive reactions.

4. ConnDonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ahh okay! Thanks you guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I really want to come out to some of my other closer friends and we've talked about if any of us were gay and they all said that they don't care because we'd all still be the same person so... :grin:

5. Formality

If you don't want your parents to know you should probably be a bit cautious. I would say coming out to your parents and family would be the top priority as of now. I don't think they should have to hear about it from some random person. But that's my opinion.

Anyways it's good that you feel this way since it kinda means you are comfortable with yourself.

6. ConnDonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I definitely don't want to come out to my parents! Not anytime soon anyway! My mum and dad are pretty religious - and I don't think they'd accept it. And my brothers are seriously homophobic, but my aunt and uncle are really open and are like second parents to me, so I'm considering coming out to them first though I'm not sure if they'd tell my parents or not :S

7. TheCatLady

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After more than a year of questioning, I often feel the same way ! I would like to open the window and shout "I'M GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!" to all people in the world!

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My brothers seriously homophobic as well, he will be the hardest to come out to!

9. ConnDonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So true TheCatLady! And yeah my brothers my identical twin though and I think he's more likely to be hostile because identical twins are meant to be the same and if one twin is bisexual/gay then what are people going to think about him!haha. I don't know - I guess when the time comes the time comes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England

That's exactly what i want to do! :lol:

11. Perrydaplatypus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ooohh twins :wink:
    Haha but in all seriousness if you don't want your parents finding out, I would slow down! I don't know about your parents but mine always have a way of finding things out! Be careful! But I'm glad you have had the courage to come out!

12. ConnDonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I told my mum! And she's told my dad so at least that's all done now! I think I can start coming out to more people now:slight_smile:

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It gets to be habit forming!

14. Perrydaplatypus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations man!

15. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really its a good situation for your brother if he is straight. He doesn't have to compete with you for girls! The homophobia could always be a cover to distract from his own homosexuality though. In which case, your coming out might give help give him the strength to begin to accept himself. Good luck!