1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHEN to write it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedSwiss, Feb 26, 2013.

1. RedSwiss

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi,I started coming out on the 26th May 2011 and now ive withered the list of people I need to tell down to 4 people, parents and siblings, and ive decided I would like to come out to my parents in the form of a letter, then ill just leave it to them to tell my siblings, however the only problem I have is finding the time where im alone to write it.

Should I write it in the mornings before they wake up, when theres a set period of time I specifically know they wont be here, or should I wait for a few hours when they're out, but can come back any time? I know its a longer space of time I have to write the letter, however its more of a risk of them seeing it early.

So really, should I try and bulk write it? or write it in little bits when I get 5 mins of a day?

I don't have an issue with coming out, I just can't approach my parents verbally, as I tried to come out verbally but I got given the "its a phase" thing without being given a chance to speak, so left it for over a year, and have decided to try again in the form of a letter.

Ive covered all the variables (EG: They react badly, Attempt to get into my PC to see the letter early, etc), im totally prepared for any possible outcome. I just need advice on when I should try to write it.

Many thanks in advance, im grateful for any advice.

~Argon

2. unbreakable

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why can't you write it with a pen and paper first? Then you can write it in your room whenever you want

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't like the idea of doing this on paper (which is understandable), I think trying to get larger blocks of time is best. It's difficult to concentrate in 5-minute sessions. The morning makes sense so you aren't thinking about them showing up early. If you're distracted, it's going to take longer to do it well. Can you put a password on the file, or hide it adequately? Doing the draft on paper and then quickly typing it might be the best combination.

4. RedSwiss

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't overly like writing on paper at all, beacuse my handwriting is so bad, not even I can read it if I go away from it for too long, and my parents cant read my handwriting either.

I can easily hide the file on a computer as well. After my mother decided to break our previous computer by downloading a virus I took the liberty of activating our new computer and setting myself as the administrator before she could, so I can password it.

I see their car, so ill go now, thank you very much.