1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullies?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lexi, Feb 27, 2013.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

How bad will it be if i come out in high school?

Currently i'm a skinny (not bony), "straight", pretty, white girl. There is really no reason for anyone to pick on me- but i still get the occasional mean girl encounter (once a month at most).

how much is that going to change if I come out? especially being bi... I don't want to deal with the bi hate. the "your confused" "you're doing it for attention" "you're just a whore" "you're just in denial" etc. especially because i have a boyfriend? i dont want to drag him into it...

I also know that i want a good support system- that i want my friends to know whats going on. I plan on telling my best friend, but the more people i tell, the higher the risk of me being outted, right? Im so nervous, everything else in my life is perfect and i dont want to screw it up.
    (Sorry my thoughts are a little disorganized, i'm kind of scatterbrained today._.)

2. Cynder

Honestly, for a girl, being bisexual in high school isn't too bad. I would announce it though. I would tell your friends, and be open to sharing it if you are asked, or if it comes up. Don't hide it, but don't make a big deal about it. Most girls won't care, some will be mean and rude, but probably not, and most guys will just think it is hot. Be careful though to not put yourself in a dangerous situation.

3. Alexander69

I was popular in high school and most of the popular girls were bi or pretended to be